Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: AutoIt Error after Corrupt Internal Database Repair

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi from North Carolina!

Hoping to get some help. Couple of days ago my laptop shutdown (dead battery- didn't realize ac not connected). At restart I got the Internal Database Corrupt error. Found the runvdj fix & ran it successfully. The next day the program froze then crashed when loading a track. After restarting my pc, I received the corrupt database error again. Ran the repair tool and received this error message:

AutoIt Error
Line 0 (File "C\:Program Files\Virtual DJ\runVDJ.exe"):
$lLine= _StringToHex( StringStripWS($aRecords[$x],3))
$lLine= _StringToHex( StringStripWS($aRecords[^ERROR

Error: Array Variable Subscript Badly Formatted.

I searched the forums & found some things to try. I have moved the runVDJ folder to another location to run it w/o success. I deleted the backup .ini file & then tried to run runVDJ.exe w/o success and reinstalled the program w/o success. Each time I get the same error. Each tome the runVDJ tool asks me for the location of the XML database & after I double click on the file I receive the error above.

My Laptop is a Toshiba Tecra running XP Pro
P4 1.8 GHz w/ 512 MB RAM
I have VDJ Home Version 3

Anyone have ideas? Thanks much.

Posted Mon 17 Mar 08 @ 8:42 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Are you running it from within the C:\\Program Files\\VirtualDJ folder ?

Posted Mon 17 Mar 08 @ 8:58 pm
Thanks for responding so quickly!

Yes, I extracted the files to that folder and it failed. I then extracted it to my desktop & got the same.

Posted Mon 17 Mar 08 @ 9:15 pm
It will only run correctly in the c:\\Program Files\\VirtualDJ folder. Is the runVDJ folder there and the files in it ? Or did you move the files out to the c:\\Program Files\\VirtualDJ folder

Posted Mon 17 Mar 08 @ 10:20 pm
Yes, it's running from c:\\Program Files\\VirtualDJ folder along with all of the other Virtual DJ stuff.

Posted Mon 17 Mar 08 @ 10:25 pm
Are you able to run the VirtualDJ ? Or are you getting an error with it still?

Posted Mon 17 Mar 08 @ 10:30 pm
Yes, it opens with the Internal Database Corruption error. I get the AutoIt error when I try to run the repair tool.

Posted Mon 17 Mar 08 @ 10:33 pm
And when you pick the database, which file are you picking ? The VirtualDJ Database (username).xml ?

Posted Mon 17 Mar 08 @ 10:36 pm
Yes

Posted Mon 17 Mar 08 @ 10:38 pm
Do you have or have you use the Version 5 trial ?

Posted Mon 17 Mar 08 @ 10:53 pm
No I looked for the latest home addition online & couldn't find a place to buy it. I can't afford the pro. The site doesn't seem to offer a way to purchase the home edition online .

Posted Mon 17 Mar 08 @ 10:57 pm
If you know how to use regedit - please tell me the data that is in the following key --

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\VirtualDJ\\HomeFolder

You will see 2 - 'Home folder' and 'HomeFolder' = I want the data for the 'HomeFolder' key

Posted Mon 17 Mar 08 @ 11:00 pm
Strangely, there isn't a 2nd folder.

There's only 'Home folder' and no 'HomeFolder'

Posted Mon 17 Mar 08 @ 11:07 pm
Ok, what is the data for that key ?

Posted Mon 17 Mar 08 @ 11:12 pm
C:\PROGRA~1\VIRTUA~1

Posted Mon 17 Mar 08 @ 11:16 pm
Ok, so here is the deal -- the only way that error shows up is if you have

1... installed version 5 at some point.
2... if you do not have an XML database file

So, beyond that I really can only suggest you rename your existing Database File and see if VirtualDJ will run. If so, then go back and run the runVDJ.exe application and see if it works.

Posted Mon 17 Mar 08 @ 11:21 pm
I've only run this home edition on my laptop. I tried renaming the database file to something like "VDJ Database File.xml" rather than the default name & the tool didn't recognize it as the database file.

I'm kinda freaking out because I have a pretty large database & don't want to loose all of the cues, etc but thanks for your help. I'll keep trying but I've run outta steam tonight.

Thanks & if you think of anything else to try (before I cry) :-) please post. I'll keep checking.

Thank you again.

Posted Mon 17 Mar 08 @ 11:30 pm
Well here is what you can do to test something... Rename your database file. Launch VirtualDJ, a new database file will get created, run the tool - does it function properly ? If so then something else is not liking that old XML file or maybe did not get renamed back correctly.

Posted Tue 18 Mar 08 @ 6:38 am
Yes, I think it's that something is not liking the XML. I gave up last night when trying to check the XML for errors. It won't open (it did before the crash). I get this message:

"The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Invalid at the top level of the document. Error processing resource c:\Program Files\VirtualDJ\VirtualDJ Database.xml folder "

Any ideas on repairing the XML?

Posted Tue 18 Mar 08 @ 10:07 am
Ok, so I got home from work & tried your suggestion. I renamed the bad XML database file, launched VirtualDJ. closed it. Saw the new database file, re-ran the tool and received the Array variable subscript badly formatted error.

Posted Tue 18 Mar 08 @ 6:07 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)