Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: bpm matching question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djmidzPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I've been using virtual dj for a couple years now, and i have noticed that after a couple of updated versions, the bpms and some of the syncing for the songs has changed quite radically... Has anyone noticed this? I was able to mix better with one of the first versions. Don't get me wrong, I don't want the program doing all the work for me, i just want it to be accurate...

Posted Mon 17 Mar 08 @ 9:27 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The Sync method default changed in version 5, as it uses a CBG sync instead of a sync on the beat. Right click on the Sync button is the version 4 Left Click Sync button method. This is a skin change to the left and right clicks on the skin's button. Nothing was changed in the sync functionality (the code) in the application.

Posted Mon 17 Mar 08 @ 12:40 pm
hey guys, im not really a dj bu i have been using virtual dj for like 9 months now and i think its good. however i want to now dj in clubs but in the club i look like an idiot sitting in a chair and using a mouse and clicking constantly.....! therefore i bought myself 2 denon 3500 decks and serato sctratch live software....! now i think this idea is brilliant because you can manually do mixes and you will look more like a dj and people will feel that you are doing something rather then boring old clicking....! however i still feel that virtual dj is better purely because that it has a special sync button which automatically beat matches the bpm count to the other song and not only that but it is synced throughout the whole track whereas using the decks and the serato scratch live software i can no get the song synced and even if i do it goes off beat after a couple of seconds....! now i wanted to know that does this product of virtual vinly n cd let you sync the bpm before controlling it on the decks and once i have looped it certain beat does that stay in sync throughout the whole track which is playing on the other side.......? I need someone to help me because i really need to know this as its important to me...! i wanted to speak to someone about but i am in uk and i really do not know many people who know about virtual dj in the UK.....! can someone please get back to me on this one. i have many more questions which im seeking answers to so hopefully i will have a number to call regarding virtual dj......! please get back ot me asap, thanl you for reading, regards sumeet.

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 11:06 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
@sumeet125 please do not double post....

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 11:21 pm
oh sorry.......! i didnt know that...! wont do it again...!

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 11:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)