Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: dissapearing topic ??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

oh my!

there was a new topic here just now about a link to youtube, and there was this guy with a video which was giving pirated VDJ.

the poster was trying to hilight the fact that the youtube guy was doing this.

so i went to you tube, but there is no system to complain about this sort of thing there.

i tryed to leave a comment like this:

Quote :

THIS IS PROMOTING PIRATED SOFTWARE !!!

THIS SHOULD BE REPORTED !!!

IF YOU ARE A WORKING DJ, YOU SHOULD PAY FOR ALL THE SOFTWARE AND HARWARE WHICH YOU USE TO MAKE MONEY WITH !!!

but the system wouldnt submit my reply (even though im logged in)

so i thought id vent steam here.

and then after i vented steam writing this i realised that...

though we were looking at ctring to combat this piracy, we were infact leading people to a link to freely download a cracked, bug ridden, and possibly trojan infested version of vdj which went out of date 2 years ago.

but seriously, how can we inform youtube of this sort piracy???

Posted Wed 05 Mar 08 @ 7:16 pm
ah.

my youtube comment did submit. and so did this comment after mine...

Quote :

okey, so you are doing it again.

This time we wont take it lightly, its the second offence.

If its not removed ASAP, take the consequence

there you go. ppl do watch out on youtube after all.

Posted Wed 05 Mar 08 @ 7:18 pm
Yeah need to crack down on no licence users.

Posted Wed 05 Mar 08 @ 7:30 pm
it really upsets me when you see DJs using a £299 laptop, and a battered old mixer that they borrowed from somwhere, and they have a cracked version of VDJ.

then when you mantion that you also use VDJ, they start telling about how it keeps crashing, and doing this and that.
my system has never fallen over like that of the above DJ. (mr £299)

Posted Wed 05 Mar 08 @ 7:38 pm
well thank you Cstoll.

i thought i was going loopy.

if you think we should remove this topic, too, then its fine by me.

but i think we need to vent some steam against the pirates and the people who prommote them and use cracked software.

Posted Wed 05 Mar 08 @ 7:41 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I know a lot of people get bent out of shape with the crack heads. And yes they pose as nuisance way beyond what is sometime seen in the forums. BUT, they are also people - so out of a respect for being human we should not necessarily treat them like the scum at the bottom of the bucket.

There are a lot of those former crack heads that are now licensed users - so they are not all bad. And as we know the DJ business is a cut-throat business and the reason the crack head is doing that gig is not because he has a crack version of VDJ or other program... it's because the sorry JackAss that hired him could only pay that DJ pennies which is something you or I wouldn't work for.

So I have respect for the crack heads because they are at least trying, but I have no respect for the ones that try over and over again to get what they themselves have not earned - support and our time in fixing their lame setup.

So, hope that wasn't to deep but gets a certain message across... If you can't respect the business... don't disrespect what has made it possible to get you payed to begin with.

Posted Wed 05 Mar 08 @ 7:55 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
cstoll wrote :
it's because the sorry JackAss that hired him could only pay that DJ pennies which is something you or I wouldn't work for.

Or..only wanted to pay pennies...cheap bastards....

Posted Wed 05 Mar 08 @ 7:59 pm
well put cstoll.

i have to admit that some of the DJs who first got into Digital DJing had cracked copies, but most of them found the advantage of having support and updates when they came out and they never regretted their desisions.

Posted Wed 05 Mar 08 @ 8:01 pm
Consider me one of the converted.........I never realized I was using a cracked version of the program(it came installed on a used computer I purchased) until I tried to upgraded it. OOPS.......sorry again to the folks at Atomix! I now have a fully legal and liscensed version and very happy with it!!!

DJ Extreme
Mpls, MN

Posted Wed 05 Mar 08 @ 8:41 pm
cstoll wrote :
BUT, they are also people - so out of a respect for being human we should not necessarily treat them like the scum at the bottom of the bucket.

I say treat them as the $##$%&*&*&$(*&^%$#@@(*^!@#^)(*^ scum of the earth, and KILLTHEM, KILL THEM ALL. KILL THEIR FAMILIES, KILL THEIR PETS.

Posted Wed 05 Mar 08 @ 10:39 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
LOL... AHAHM, u funny dude, always keep the day alive with ur post;)

Posted Wed 05 Mar 08 @ 11:19 pm
My first exposure was a cracked version that a friend gave me. Of course I didn't know it was cracked until I bought my controller, but I get along with the MKII version just fine for now. And the crack was buggy, so legal is always better.

Posted Thu 06 Mar 08 @ 11:00 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)