Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Clip Bank Play Time Disp;ay

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
In the clip bank is it possible to see how much of the video has played / how much is left. Either a clock timer, or a status bar would be handy.

Also the ability to skip to a different part of the video clip would be handy. I've got a few that have weird or unwanted intro's and without using video editing software I can't do anything about showing them on the screen.

Posted Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 6:46 pm
I would think for the functionality it shouldn't have the ability to fast foward and time display.. it could also complicate things and make a chance for more bugs due to the added feature like transport buttons, etc.

The purpose of the clip bank is similar to the sample banks... not like you can fast forward or rewind to get to favorite part of the audio sampler.
The reason for it is to trigger samples or loops... that are pre-produced and READY for that.

If I were you I would consider taking the time and editing those clips to that they work for what you need them to do on the clip bank.

Posted Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 7:01 pm
DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Don't suppose you can get sound from the clip bank video's too? (third deck). lol

All good points from Low Fat.
I had better learn how to use this video editing stuff.
Cheers.

Posted Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 7:11 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
gaz

when clipbank was first introduced its main function was to provide "eye candy" for tunes without video mainly on a loopable function plus people quickly realised the other possibilities that it could offer and still does ie adverts for the dj and venue, future promotions, birthdays, holidays etc the list is endless and is only restricted by your imagination.

it was not really intended for showing full length videos but can, don't know what that does to your cpu because i've never tried and would'nt want to, also it has no audio function either, in a way it has a sister effect that has been recently introduced where you can drag and drop a video onto an audio track and it will stay with that track everytime its played until you disengage the link to it.

as been mentioned by Al you will have to get your head round the idea of using editing software and there's many packages out there that you can use and are quite easy to master, everyone has their favourite that they will put forward but if your quite new to editing you could try out either ulead9 - 10 or 11 and combine this with the effects from xara3d and other programmes you can come up with some decent videos of your own, then you can progress onto sony vegas and pinnacle in the future

if you or anyone else need help or would like to see some examples of what is possible in clipbank just pm me with your email

Tayla

Posted Thu 28 Feb 08 @ 6:31 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)