Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: The Earth moved last night for me - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

An earthquake measuring 5.2 on the Richter scale has hit England.

It was the UK's largest quake since 1984 when an earthquake measuring 5.4 on the Richter scale. The epicentre of the earthquake was near Market Rasen in Lincolnshire, this is only about 50 miles away from me, but many people across England reported feeling the shaking shortly before 1am. I wondered what it was at first

Now this is the only second time I have experience one, a bet some VirtualDJ users feel these sort of tremors on a regular basis.

Jimmy b

Posted Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 1:50 am
Never felt an earthquake in my life. :)

In Belgium that is.

Posted Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 3:34 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
jimmy

has your lass got wind again, keep her off the all bran, to much roughage, hope that helps

Tayla

Posted Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 4:24 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

That's strange Jimmy, I had a thought just yesterday afternoon that England would be wiped out sometime soon, I guess this was just a warning lol.

Posted Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 4:38 am
Hi Jimmy

Mentioning the earthquake to my tired grumpy misses this morning she said it's a pity the earth don't bloody move for us every night, so quick thinking i replied, its problably why i ended up with the quilt on my side of the bed last night. Still don't understand why she's grumpy :)

Posted Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 4:42 am
chris

try www.interflora.co.uk usually works, hope that helps

Tayla

Posted Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 4:46 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
It was almost 5 by Richter scale in Serbia 15 days ago, it was 200Km away but we felt it alright ;)
Everything above 5 is big and destructive, so I hope it is all ok over there.

Posted Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 5:02 am
Yeah, it hit us too at about 3 mins to 1 last night.

We live around 30 miles from the epicentre (near Hull) and it seemed to go on for around 15 seconds - Radiators rattling, wardrobe doors banging - a bit like when I put on my sound system but not quite as bad lol

Posted Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 5:08 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
From here in singapore which is close to indonesia, nowadays we always have tremors that occured from the earthquake that happened at sumatra or java island... It just happen a few days ago too.. but nah.. maybe the mother earth is angry..hehe..

Posted Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 5:46 am
I didn't feel a thing............hmmmmmm........ now, where have I heard that before.....oh, from my girlfriend! :/

Posted Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 6:56 am
I didn't even know England got earthquakes.

I thought it was a shield rock island and earthquake free.

Posted Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 8:22 am
DJ Marcel_1 wrote :

That was before global-warming..... now everything is so ****ed up......

Posted Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 8:29 am
DJ Marcel_1 wrote :

No mate, it's quite rare, but we get them, not very strong though, thank f%$k. Last one was about 6-7 years back. Something to do with the North Atlantic plates.

Jimmy b

Posted Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 8:33 am
Interesting fact for you, England also has more Tornados then any other country. They are only little ones though !!

We're pretty lucky in England, we don't tend to get any extreme weather conditions, the only drawback to this is that because of that fact there are no plans or contingencys in place, so that when we do get mildly adverse conditions, it tends to enduce complete chaos. Anyone remember the snow about 5 years ago? Country grinded to a halt, even though it wasn't that bad!

Didn't feel the Quake (live near Heathrow and was awake at the time)

Posted Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 9:12 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I was working in a venue in Stoke on Trent when it happened... never felt a thing. Apparently one of the buildings round the corner lost a chimney though. Shows how much attention I pay to anything.... ;-)

Posted Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 9:24 am
digimixer wrote :

Didn't feel the Quake (live near Heathrow and was awake at the time)

I only felt it because I thought my girlfriend was climbing onboard digi, LOL.

Jimmy b

Posted Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 9:29 am
dump her jimmy,

if i thought my lass was climbing aboard digi or anyone for that matter, thats what i would do anyway...lol

the two timing.... and digi you want to hang your head in shame for even allowing it

Tayla

Posted Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 9:31 am
I live at Wetwang 25 miles north of Hull and it woke me up! I thought some body was rockin the bed. They felt it in scarborough and additional 25 mile north of me.

Posted Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 4:04 pm
and no one thought to record it and mix with it?

Posted Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 5:36 pm
No longer available, what was it?

Posted Thu 28 Feb 08 @ 5:48 pm
80%