Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Increasing Font Size

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
hi, wonder if anyone can help

need to increase my font size, my eyes are not what they used to, been round the search stuff tried one or two things but nothing seems to be going right, thing is can anyone give me a step by step idiot guide on how to do it please, this how i have attempted to do it so far

1, unzipped vdj and opened

2, found the skin i wanted and opened full video.xml with notepad

3, found text font=lcdsize=13 changed to 18 [just so i could see an immediate change]
text2 as above

4, closed everything down restarted pc, no difference if you are aware of how to do this could you put it down in that sort of guide so i could follow it thanks

Tayla

Posted Thu 21 Feb 08 @ 4:01 pm
ok, after another lengthy search finally found what i had been looking for apparently what i had been doing was way off track to the section i was looking in to what actually needed to be changed

i asked this same question way back in october and then got clean side tracked onto other things i thanked him then and i thank him now, big props to sky for this http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/79603/PC_Version_Technical_Support/sky_recently_posted_on_font_resize_(cant_find_it)_help.html?highlight=font%20size

now all i need now is someone to help me change font colour correctly please, unless its as easy just filling in red, blue, green or whatever

if anyone has failing eyesight and needs help just give me a shout

Tayla

Posted Thu 21 Feb 08 @ 5:42 pm
hehe done it

actually it was as easy as inserting the colour you want don't be worried about inserting the code which i would summize you would only need if wanting a shade of colour in which you would get from paintbox, now all i need to do is find sometime read the help/how to section "skinning" by format and stop being a lazy sod, but it is so much easier lol

only post where i have had to talk to myself, must have been no one out there with the knowledge i needed, i guess lol

Tayla

Posted Fri 22 Feb 08 @ 2:09 am
I use Skin Multi functions 1.5. I would like to change the font size. I cant find a XML page that I can change. It says the XML page can not be displayed.
I also found the virtual DJ skin XML but I can t open it with word pad. I can t change anything.
How can I change the Font size? Do I need to configure something on my computer services that I may have turned off?

Posted Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 10:18 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
My mate Tayla has gone though this with me and it's quite simply,

You have to Unzip the skin you want to change, if you use WinZip then this is what I do.

Open up WinZip,>Open = brings up new window.

Find the Skin folder for VirtualDJ ( My Docs>VirtualDJ)

Choose the Skin you want>Open it

It should bring up 2 files, the Bitmap Image file (The image of the skin, which you don't want) and the xml file (the coding of the skin, which you want)

Highlight this file ( xml file ) and Right click on it and click on Edit,

Then this should open the file up, in notepad. Page down untill you find the browers section, then follow Tayla instruction's from his first post.

Jimmy b

Posted Thu 28 Feb 08 @ 2:50 am
billyzee

everything sorted?

Tayla

Posted Thu 28 Feb 08 @ 5:55 am
I will give it a try.
What do you meanis "everything sorted"?

Posted Thu 28 Feb 08 @ 4:40 pm
it means have you been able to increase your font size and if not we will be able to give you further assistance if required.

Tayla

Posted Thu 28 Feb 08 @ 5:30 pm
No difference. I was able to change the font from 13 to 18 but there was not a change. I must be missing a step. What happens after I save the change in notepad?

Posted Fri 29 Feb 08 @ 12:36 am
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
zip the files back up again and make sure the old zip is no longer there. or you can name the zipfile slightly differently, this is what is picked up in the skins changer inside vdj options

ive modded my skin as well, the confusing bit at first was finding the mydocs > vdj and not the same one that was in the actual vdj installation folder. same thing that tayla experienced.

Posted Fri 29 Feb 08 @ 12:54 am
Yes I got it now. This is great!. I had to replace the old XML file.

Posted Fri 29 Feb 08 @ 1:27 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
billyzee wrote :
Yes I got it now. This is great!. I had to replace the old XML file.

It is a good little trick to Know. Glad you are sorted.

You can other things to it like getting rid of the "blind Effect" when you have your files up. And this sometimes help's you to see your files better when the lighting is not that good. This is another discover by Tayla. He went though it with me last week.

Jimmy b

Posted Fri 29 Feb 08 @ 2:24 am
billzee

couple of examples of what you can do, just remember to make sure your background is in a contrasting colour to your font

i prefer the yellow

might be best not to clutter your browser up with to many images

Tayla

Posted Fri 29 Feb 08 @ 4:39 am
Yes I was also able to change the letters to yellow by typing in yellow in place of the code that was there.
How do you change the black background color? I would like to experiment with different colors.
Thanks

Posted Fri 29 Feb 08 @ 8:59 am
billyzee

theres probably a quicker way but cant find the code for it, i've just did a quick attempt i put the image into paint imported a blue background and overlayed it on the original black browser background, when your happy with the colour you want then just add your logos or whatever but dont forget they have to be a transparent image, hope that helps

must be an easier way lol

Tayla

Posted Fri 29 Feb 08 @ 11:59 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)