Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Is M-Audio Xsession Pro supported by VDJ? [yes]

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello Everyone,

I just bought the M-Audio XSession Pro Controler and I am not much of a fan of Torq. So I want to use it with VDJ.

How do I set it up to work? Is this controller supported by VDJ?

Thanks,

SN

Posted Mon 11 Feb 08 @ 10:59 pm
The X-session pro is a Midi controller, and VDJ supports midi. Meaning functions of VDJ can be mapped through midi to the X-Session Pro

Here are the steps
1. config
2. Remote control
3. Enable General Midi
4.Click Config
5. click add
6 choose your functioin, and push or move a knob or lever on your X-Session pro

Posted Tue 12 Feb 08 @ 1:09 pm
I have a X session pro and I don't know how to set it up. I see your steps but I don't know what to do on step 6. I'm trying everything. Please help! I want to set it up to VDJ along with my DAC 3. I have no problems with the DAC 3, thats simple but the x session pro is confusing

Posted Thu 30 Apr 09 @ 9:15 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Open config and then remote control.
Right click on General Midi
Click activate
Then Click Config
Here you will assign each of the player's features as you would in keyboard shortcuts by moving the knob, button or fader/slider to sent a note value to the program.
Then click add, move the button or slider and find the appropriate assignment for it.

Posted Fri 01 May 09 @ 10:32 am
I am trying to set up VDJ 6 to work with an X-Session Pro (using the instructions above), and running into what seems to me a very strange problem: All the faders and knobs work fine, but none of the buttons do.

The settings screen won't even recognize any of the buttons when "Auto-Learn" is engaged, although it recognizes all the knobs and faders. I know the controller's buttons work with other applications.

Any ideas? This seems odd to me. And it's also quite frustrating ;)

aL

Posted Wed 23 Sep 09 @ 5:07 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Well those instructions don't work with v6, things change with different versions.

To activate control mappers in V6, click config/mappers and select the "scan for devices" button at the top.
If found, the device will show up in the window.
If not select the auto learn mode and create your own mapper for the device much like creating keyboard shortcuts.
The guide below should help you understand the new methods of mapping.
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/110779/General_Discussion/V6_Mapping_Engine_-_What_you_need_to_know____.html?page=1

Posted Wed 23 Sep 09 @ 7:27 am
cdman14Home userMember since 2008
I have the same problem with mapping the buttons...and i cannot access that page has been posted here for version 6...please advise....
Thanks!

Posted Sun 13 Dec 09 @ 5:44 am
cdman14Home userMember since 2008
I have the same problem with mapping the buttons...and i cannot access that page has been posted here for version 6...please advise....
Thanks!

Oh never mind, version 6.0.4 takes care of all these bugs!

Posted Sun 13 Dec 09 @ 4:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)