Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: KJs - What Do You Use to Batch-Edit Your Karaoke Titles?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Woohoo!! Now that 5.0.7 is out, we have this wonderful new karaoke rotation plugin (which I am thankful for, and works quite well, I might add). However, some of us will now be faced with a large renaming / manual editing project in order to assure that the right information ends up where it belongs in the plugin window, such that we can use our "new toy" effectively.

For example, my tracks are all zip files, and they are named following this convention: <disc number-track> - <artist last name, artist first name> - <song title>.zip . What this means in terms of the plugin is that the artist and song title appear together in the "Title" field of the plugin, and the song number appears under "Artist," then the singer information is displayed as entered (and as expected). The only problem seems to be that the information that the plugin displays on the screen is cut off due to the additional length of the Title field. For example, let's say that a singer named Rick has chosen "Sc7501-01 - Presley, Elvis - An American Trilogy.zip . The display above the lyrics in the display might show "Presley, Elvis - An American Trilogy, by R" based on the variables in the plugin for title and singer.

Therefore, I am starting this post as a means of soliciting input as to which program could be used in this daunting task to make things easier, as well as which might be best suited in terms of file compatability with VDJ, and the good & bad of the various titles available out there in cyberspace (ex. MP3+G TOOLZ4)
:)

Posted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 10:49 am
If I remember correctly (havent done it in awhile) I believe my Dr Tag (or Tag dr) actually saw the zips and renamed both the mp3 and the cdg together. Give the trial a try, it will let you do what you need to do without buying it except it will ask u stupid questions every now and then. But I think I was able to rename them with it, if not it is a great tag editing program.

Posted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 3:06 pm
chansinPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I use tag and rename and it will rename the cdg when you rename the mp3. Works great.

Chris

Posted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 4:15 pm
chansin wrote :
I use tag and rename and it will rename the cdg when you rename the mp3. Works great.

Chris

SWEET!! I own this one! Thanks :D:D

Shouldn't be too hard to unzip all of them (I hope) :-|

Posted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 4:40 pm
discjockeydoc wrote :

Shouldn't be too hard to unzip all of them (I hope) :-|

HEY, this is a family community! ;o)

Posted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 5:09 pm
^LMAO!!

Thanks, man...Needed a laugh! Working the bugs out of this warranty replacement MK2 I got today >:-(

Posted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 6:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)