Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Hercule RMX, Vestax VCI-300 & Numark NS7 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

These 3 new players on the All-in-one scene have certainly got me pretty excited.

Just wondered which ones most people are going to plump for (if any?!)

So please, post you here with your choice of which one you are most likely to get (going by what we know so far)

You should factor in the cost element too. Although prices on the VCI-300 and Numarlk NS7 are yet be released (as far as i'm aware)

Try to keep your posts brief, so that it's easy to scan and see which one seems to be winning.

Start your post of by saying which one you'd go for, then a 'brief' explanation as to why.

Posted Wed 30 Jan 08 @ 4:41 am
Hercules RMX

Reason
=====
My Budget! The other 2 are gonna be considerablly more expensive.
Out the box compatibility, you know this is gonna work out the box straight away!
Value for moeny, going by specs, seem to be getting alot of bang for your buck... time will tell!

Posted Wed 30 Jan 08 @ 4:44 am
PFD50PRO InfinityMember since 2007
digimixer wrote :
Hercules RMX

Reason
=====
My Budget! The other 2 are gonna be considerablly more expensive.
Out the box compatibility, you know this is gonna work out the box straight away!
Value for moeny, going by specs, seem to be getting alot of bang for your buck... time will tell!

RMX not available in the UK but I WANT ONE!

Posted Wed 30 Jan 08 @ 6:48 am
kkorposPRO InfinityMember since 2007
VCI 300!!!!

I own the VCI 100 and it's a solid piece of machinery.....that I always wished had an integrated sound card. And now.....wow, the VCI 300 looks like it is going to be awesome!!!

I can't wait - Summer 2008 I think....seems so far away!

Posted Wed 30 Jan 08 @ 7:49 am
I just read on Skratchworx that the Vestax will only support Itch with the VCI300.
http://www.skratchworx.com/news3/comments.php?id=897
"Out of all the digital controller madness that was spewed up at NAMM, Serato's ITCH based alliance with Numark and in particular Vestax garnered the most interest from the technology hungry masses. But detail has been painfully thin on the ground, but being the news hungry reporter that I am, I actually found out just a few more details for myself.

So despite looking like a regular MIDI controller, the VCI-300 is ITCH specific and will only be sold with ITCH bundled - despite what you may be reading on other news and retailer sites. Vestax are more than aware that people will want to use their own specific MIDI software but these won't be directly supported by Vestax - you do this at your own risk.

As for price - I've been told $700 retail. I expect that to be the street price as for that you get what is essentially a new controller with a large number of new and upgraded parts, a built in soundcard and the full ITCH software.

Vestax have been very aware that no matter how good the controller is, the software is the weak link in the audio chain and have spent a long time developing the relationship, hardware and software with Serato to get a slice of the stability that Serato is known for.

I guess time will tell just how good ITCH is, but I'd expect any and every manufacturer to want to get on board the ITCH gravy train."

Posted Wed 30 Jan 08 @ 8:46 am
Thanks for posting this - I hadn't seen this added information anywhere.

I use my VCI 100 for my club gigs where my whole night is heavy mixing - whether it's house or hip-hop. It's not necessary for mobile gigs. Maybe using ITCH will be a pleasure, if it has the same stability as Scratchlive, well, than I am sure it will be. But, that would be a club set up for me - and not necessary for many of the mobile events, weddings that I do. The great thing is that I know it will be MAC compatible. That's why I am still holding off on buying VDJ....I personally don't want to be the guinea pig as a beta tester for the MAC version....

Posted Wed 30 Jan 08 @ 10:00 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
kkorpos wrote :
That's why I am still holding off on buying VDJ....I personally don't want to be the guinea pig as a beta tester for the MAC version....

Go on Dare you KKorpos, LOL

Jimmy b

Posted Wed 30 Jan 08 @ 10:03 am
No man - I sooooo don't want to be one the "first".

I just got burned - I do a mainstream FM radio mixshow each Saturday night here in the Boston/Massachusetts area and I track it out, it is pre-produced - I don't do it live. I have used a very popular program for many years and just found out that they released a MAC version. Whoa, I was excited - so I figured I would dive right in, full release and all, someone must have been testing it. Well, it is NOT the same as the windows version, has some quirks - doesn't respond the same....and it took me 2x as long to do my mixshow production...maybe I should just chock it up to learning curve of a new version, but seriously - I don't think that's it!!!

...Needless to say, I am back to using the prior version on windows.....but the world is embracing MAC, that's the good news! I just want to be able to use one operating system for all of my favorite programs....with no parallels or having to boot up in Windows....good news is that I think the world is heading in that direction!

Posted Wed 30 Jan 08 @ 1:08 pm
Hercules RMX.

Primary considerations are budget, good performance history with the MK2, and the information about the vci300 in this topic.

Posted Thu 31 Jan 08 @ 12:45 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It doesn't matter about theVCI-300 only co-operating with "Itch", it can still be supported natively in VDJ, it will just take a bit more work, same with the CDJ-400.

Posted Thu 31 Jan 08 @ 4:21 am
Depending on price, I'm holding out for Numark NS7, looks great, never used serrato at all, so I'm willing to try new itch software, it's all well new to me so I'm not blinkered, only used VDJ on a demo but love it, I'm ready for the digital rev. right now! Virtual vinyl is perfect for me at home but when I'm mobile I'd love an all-in-one. I'm thinking my max is £399 for it?! Fingers crossed! Does anyone know how much Hercules RMX is?

Posted Thu 31 Jan 08 @ 8:07 am
The Herc RMX will be $350 american, don't know what that exchanges to in your part of the world.
I figured VDJ would mold itself to fit with the VCI300, that's why I love VDJ, these guys are all about getting the job done not who they are in bed with.

Posted Thu 31 Jan 08 @ 8:36 am
TDBennett wrote :
The Herc RMX will be $350 american, don't know what that exchanges to in your part of the world.

That will be about £175 in the UK then going on the exchanges rates at the moment, but I bet it will be higher though, as we in the UK get ripped off abit.

Jimmy b

Posted Thu 31 Jan 08 @ 9:29 am
RRP of £230 in the UK

JimmyB you're not wrong, Petrol (Unleaded) is about £1.04 per litre, that's £4.72 per Gallon

I'll let you guys from other countries work how much more expensive it is than what you pay!

Posted Thu 31 Jan 08 @ 2:06 pm

@Digimixer,

Ain't it Crazy, hate this country sometimes, nevermind.

Will certainly getting one when they get released. Cheers mate for the good news.

Jimmy b

Posted Thu 31 Jan 08 @ 2:58 pm
PFD50PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Might better buying one from Italy and getting the € price.

Posted Fri 01 Feb 08 @ 7:19 am
NS7

The Hercules RMX looks pretty good for those who don't incorporate too much scratching in their mixes; and the $350 price tag is very appealing. However, it may not be fair to compare it to the NS7, which just seems to be on a different level. Which I'm sure will be made crystal clear once the price is revealed. It just has to be $1000 USD or higher. Ouch. Me=poor. Time to start saving.

One question though: Do any of them have Microphone EQs? That's one thing I don't like about the Hercules MK2. I do quite a bit of emceeing and I need a mic eq. :-(

Posted Sun 03 Feb 08 @ 11:20 pm
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
For NS7 the price seems to be £899.00 :
http://www.djstore.com/item/new/numseratocontroller.htm

But How much is this in Euros? I can't calculate :/

NS7 Looks really tempting to me. I'm mobile DJ who has 2 old pairs of xp10 currently and very old mixer which is about to get broken. So i could really consider NS7. Just wondering does it have analog equalizer (bass, treble, medium knobs) or does it use midi mapped software equalizer which is not so good.

Posted Mon 11 Feb 08 @ 6:57 am
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
jaakko wrote :
For NS7 the price seems to be £899.00 :

Yes you can ...use San Google for calculate -

Posted Mon 11 Feb 08 @ 7:37 am
jaakko wrote :

£900 = 1,206.86 Euros or 1,751.16 USD

Jimmy b