Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Problem parsing titles of Arabic

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi I am a Virtual DJ user, and I having a problem parsing titles of Arabic songs. They are being parsed are rubbish characters, and I have tried to change the font settings of the program but to no avail. I think this may be a Unicode implementation problem, so please tell me how to resolve this problem as soon as possible, cause I have a few thousand songs in Arabic, and I cannot go through the
process of renaming each and every file! Your help is highly appreciated. I have tried every possible alternate setting for the language (Hebrew, Slavic, etc..) and the font (Arial, Times New Roman) and nothing seems to work!
I know that this can be solved, since I encountered the same problem with another similar program.

Posted Sat 26 Jan 08 @ 7:51 am
I had the same problem with Russian file names, so I just renamed files using English letters.

Posted Sat 26 Jan 08 @ 8:17 am
I was able to make VDJ display Russian font (Russian file names and ID3 tags) correctly. I think using the same method it is possible to adapt VDJ to other non-English languages. In My Documents folder (Documents in Vista) open your "Virtual DJ" folder (or Numark Cue). Open "Skin" folder. Find and open zip file of the skin you are using. Open .xml file (that's been used by the skin) in Notepad. In the BROWSER area change font name to the font wich supports your native language. (You must use fonts that are installed on your system) To display Russian file names correctly I downloaded special TrueType font called Verdimka. You have to download these special fonts for you native language in order to make it work.
Be sure to save edited .xml file and overwrite original .xml file in the skin zip file. Run VDJ and check the font.

Good luck.

P.S.: There is a little bug: when using search all letters in file names should be ALL CAPITAL or all small in order to work. I just renamed files using ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.

Posted Fri 29 Feb 08 @ 2:29 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)