Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Any Club DJs in South Florida using VDJ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I was wondering if there are any club DJs using VDJ at there Night Clubs in Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, or Miami area. I am really interested in checking you out during your gigs. So if it's possible for me to be in the DJ booth with you while you DJ, PM me. The reason I ask is because I've only seen DJs use RANE Serato. I really want to see Virtual DJ in action.

Thanks in advance

Posted Thu 24 Jan 08 @ 8:58 pm
aparsonPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Count me on that one as well...I live in Miami, so I would like to know of any DJs here in this area.

Cheers...ap

Posted Fri 25 Jan 08 @ 8:44 am
djlexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Miami hmmm, there everybody is a dj, you should just hit the clubs and hope to see vdj, but after the serato sales team went through I doubt that you will find any big club with vdj installation, plus is the home of Promo Only so they kind of keep it on dvds, cds, vinyl and some serato, on the other side to find a club dj that will pick you up in this forum and invite you in his boot, that is a long shot, Miami's club djs are working hard this time of the year, you wouldn't see them around here, anyway if you find one send us impresions too.

Posted Fri 25 Jan 08 @ 9:51 am
I know a couple DJs that work in major clubs. I went with one guy who was the DJ at Passions at the Hard Rock. But again, they are using RANE Serato.

Posted Fri 25 Jan 08 @ 9:57 am
Have you looked on the map?

Posted Fri 25 Jan 08 @ 10:27 am
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
If you were coming over to New Orleans for Mardi Gras i'd say you can watch my VDJ in club action. :)

Posted Fri 25 Jan 08 @ 11:43 am
djlexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
he he ..Mardi Gras in New Orleans good memories but it will be a while til it gets back to what it used to be, if will ever recover, now looks like a war zone , a ghost town, is more apropriate for Holloween, at least the French Quarter survived, New Orleans - what a sad episode of government failure

Posted Fri 25 Jan 08 @ 11:54 am
actually don't believe everything you see/read in the news. The FQ is alive and kickin and alot of other areas except for Lakeview (where the main levee failure occurred), 9th ward, and Chalmette. Come over and see for yourself! :)

Posted Fri 25 Jan 08 @ 12:44 pm
Even if it still looked like a war zone and Mardi Gras was small, I would still go. I mean just see people are STILL PARTYING EVEN AFTER A DISASTER. That's awesome! Heard crime there is really bad still though. JatMSY, how is the crime there?

Posted Fri 25 Jan 08 @ 12:47 pm
Hardly any in the FQ. Crime is bad in the drug infested areas like Central City which is on the opposite side of town where the FQ is.

Posted Fri 25 Jan 08 @ 1:04 pm
Ok guys, why do all those DJs use Serato ? Seriously. What does Serato has better than VDJ/CUE ? The only DJ program that I have ever owned has been CUE,,so I can not really tell what the difference is between the two of them. Perhaps somebody here has been a Serato user at the beginning and then switched to VDJ afterwards...this guy will be a good person to talk about the pros & cons of both systems.

I've also noticed that not that many people have videos in youtube featuring VDJ/CUE timecoded vinyl/cd....but there are a lot of them featuring Serato instead. Why is that ?

ap

Posted Fri 25 Jan 08 @ 2:19 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Serato is no better or worse than VDJ/CUE, it is a different type of DJ software. They are extremely brand loyal for their product and not very willing to think outside of their comfort zone, http://scratchlive.net/forum/area/ you can go look for yourself. As to why there are not as many vids on YouTube..hmm.. not sure maybe because VDJ has been doing videos for a while now and Serato just released their pluggin and it is still a novelty to them, so they are making vids to show off their new toy.

One thing Serato does very well is they actively go after big name DJs, and sponsor them very heavy. VDJ has quite a few famous DJs who use this product, but not a lot of noise (pardon me, no pun intended) is made by them or VDJ to use this wonderful product.

Another aspect of this equation is VDJ does have auto beat matching and Seratro does not. This is a point of issue with many Serato users, they believe it is a cheat, that if a DJ uses auto beat matching they are only a bed room DJ. Which almost everyone here who uses VDJ/CUE to make money with would laugh out loud over.

I hope I got that right ap.

Posted Fri 25 Jan 08 @ 2:39 pm
TearEmUp wrote :
Serato is no better or worse than VDJ/CUE, it is a different type of DJ software. They are extremely brand loyal for their product and not very willing to think outside of their comfort zone, http://scratchlive.net/forum/area/ you can go look for yourself. As to why there are not as many vids on YouTube..hmm.. not sure maybe because VDJ has been doing videos for a while now and Serato just released their pluggin and it is still a novelty to them, so they are making vids to show off their new toy.

One thing Serato does very well is they actively go after big name DJs, and sponsor them very heavy. VDJ has quite a few famous DJs who use this product, but not a lot of noise (pardon me, no pun intended) is made by them or VDJ to use this wonderful product.

Another aspect of this equation is VDJ does have auto beat matching and Seratro does not. This is a point of issue with many Serato users, they believe it is a cheat, that if a DJ uses auto beat matching they are only a bed room DJ. Which almost everyone here who uses VDJ/CUE to make money with would laugh out loud over.

I hope I got that right ap.

Thanks for replying....I liked the fact that you were very diplomatic in your overview..I will take a look at the link you sent as well....Cheers!!!

Posted Fri 25 Jan 08 @ 2:51 pm
Sorry for the delayed response, I've been away traveling Europe.

I have VDJ on my Desktop and two laptops, I live in the Lower Keys now. I moved from VA a few months ago and before moving, I was DJING with Astro DJ's in Hampton Roads which ran most clubs there in Virginia Beach,etc. VDJ was installed in most clubs with Chevy's being the one club I worked in, they had a Dell stand alone Desktop running VDJ, we would load music with our jump drives,etc. as music was made available. Not sure what size hard drive but every reqeues I would get it would have.

I've yet to start DJing at the bars down here in Key West. Got a friend, DJ T who has a few spots in most of the "straight" clubs. From what he tells me, he takes his own gear to the places he goes to. I personaly don't like using the "house" set up so I would take my laptop regardless. It sucks wit ha mouse though. What is your concern, on the program itself or you just want to see it work?
I've been stuck on the old school feel but since using VDJ, I won't go back to vinyl or cd's. Now a days, people don't care about turntablism they just want to dance and after 20 milk crates and over 10,000 cd's, 2- 750 gig hard drives does the trick thanks to VDJ.
You can PM me a we can figure something out aight.

Posted Sun 27 Jan 08 @ 8:01 pm
trullero wrote :
Sorry for the delayed response, I've been away traveling Europe.

I have VDJ on my Desktop and two laptops, I live in the Lower Keys now. I moved from VA a few months ago and before moving, I was DJING with Astro DJ's in Hampton Roads which ran most clubs there in Virginia Beach,etc. VDJ was installed in most clubs with Chevy's being the one club I worked in, they had a Dell stand alone Desktop running VDJ, we would load music with our jump drives,etc. as music was made available. Not sure what size hard drive but every reqeues I would get it would have.

I've yet to start DJing at the bars down here in Key West. Got a friend, DJ T who has a few spots in most of the "straight" clubs. From what he tells me, he takes his own gear to the places he goes to. I personaly don't like using the "house" set up so I would take my laptop regardless. It sucks wit ha mouse though. What is your concern, on the program itself or you just want to see it work?
I've been stuck on the old school feel but since using VDJ, I won't go back to vinyl or cd's. Now a days, people don't care about turntablism they just want to dance and after 20 milk crates and over 10,000 cd's, 2- 750 gig hard drives does the trick thanks to VDJ.
You can PM me a we can figure something out aight.

I want to see it in action at a club. Like I said, I've only seen Serato Scratch Live. I'd rather be at a "straight" club. I am in the Fort Lauderdale area. I am 4 hours away from the Keys.

Posted Sun 27 Jan 08 @ 11:44 pm
Aight, I'm supposed to hook up with DJ T and hopefully take over some of his gigs, being in the service, we're not able to stay in one place for along time so he's out the door, and I'm working my way in so you can PM me your info and I will give you mine and when I get setup I'll let you know.
You know anyone who just got a MAestro GPS for their ride, someone stole mine at teh airport parking lot in Ft. Lauderdale.

ANy how, I haven't gotten my controller yet. Looking in you tube and other sites, I see mixed feeling for all controllers so I'm holding on a bit yet, I can use VDJ how I got it now and work fine but carpo tunal or however you spell is starting to kick in LOL.

Fat Tuesdays, Ricks, and some other ones are the better bars down here. I won't get involved with the "rainbow power bars" nah mean.

Posted Mon 28 Jan 08 @ 7:01 pm
Do you guys have a problem saying the word "gay" or something? Just wondering because it sure does look like it...c'mon you can say it....3....2....1....GAY clubs!

Do you have the confederate flag on your automobile too?

Sorry for chiming in but I hate it when people use veiled words just say the damn thing!

Posted Mon 28 Jan 08 @ 10:36 pm
I'm Puertorican so NO CONFEDERATE flags. As far as calling it gay or whatever you prefer JAYMSY, I rather use other words to not offend or violate any forum rules that's all. Key West is known for the gay community and I don't what to be affiliated with it.

Posted Wed 06 Feb 08 @ 5:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)