Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: still getting error message when I try to play mp3 and mp4 files

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I was told that virtual dj wont play songs that were purchased from I tunes so I purchased 6 new songs from www.mp3search.ru and saved them to my desktop. then I dragged them to my music browser. Then opened the desktop and songs popped up in my playlist. I dragged the song from playlist to deck A and got error message for all new songs. I opened my music file on my desk top and dragged the music from the folder straight to the deck and it played the song. why am i having these problems? why wont it play the same song if its in my play list but it will if I drag it from my desk top over? Please help.

Posted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 4:25 pm
djpr1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
I'm having the same problem,already couple of days trying to figure it out with no luck. I've already post this in the General Forum i don't know why we being ignored. Well let me get back to it to see if i can come up with something. I'll holla back at ya.

Posted Mon 11 Feb 08 @ 4:23 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Open the playlists with notepad - are the paths the correct paths to the files ? If not, then that is why, it can't find the file - hence ERROR.

Also, I find it ironic that you would go from a DRM protected download service (iTunes, which is most likely why those files don't play - DRM) to the most notorious site mp3search.ru ?

Posted Mon 11 Feb 08 @ 6:57 pm
I'm having the same problem and most of my files are from cd's, as a matter of fact just last night i uploaded some cd's and the only songs i can drop from the specific itunes playlist (for example SPANISH ROCK) to the decks are the ones with no accent or symbols on the file name/album etc. I can see the other songs there in the same playlist but they're no good they give an error. If the song or artist,album has an accent or any other symbol like i said is there but with some weird characters. But if i go to the top of the itunes playlist wich is the whole library or the external drive (in this case F:) the songs are there and i can load them with no problem. It just a pain looking thru the playlist,load it,then find out is giving you an error then have to hunted down somewhere else. I can load them in Torq with no problem straight from the playlist. And i don't download anything from itunes just use the program to sort my music.

Posted Mon 11 Feb 08 @ 8:25 pm
Ok i spent about 20 hours organizing all my itunes into seperate folders by genre. Got rid of itunes because it sucks, now my VDJ is running smooooooth with no problems.

Posted Sat 16 Feb 08 @ 1:57 pm
I recommend Napster with WMAconvert... You download the songs, then remove the DRM then no problems!!!! Napster is a bit slow with some new music though but thats about it.....

Posted Tue 19 Feb 08 @ 12:39 am
radiofcPRO InfinityMember since 2006
does anyone know if it is possible to make VDJ skip a file in a playlist that is invalid and proceed to the next valid song? The reason I ask is that say you have a playlist for automix and 1 song midway through the set had been deleted or renamed then the entire mix stops when VDJ attempts to load the invalid file.... In winamp for example a playlist would just skip the invalid file(s)

Posted Mon 03 Mar 08 @ 6:42 am
radiofcPRO InfinityMember since 2006
radiofc wrote :
does anyone know if it is possible to make VDJ skip a file in a playlist that is invalid and proceed to the next valid song?....

This is actually working okay in version 5.0.7 - sorry for the confusion - I still use Home Edition sometimes which behaves as outlined in my earlier post...

Posted Mon 03 Mar 08 @ 5:08 pm

Posted Wed 02 Jun 10 @ 7:06 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)