Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Need review on this.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi all,

Recently, i have this offer from a guy who want to let go his analog 24 channel 8 bus mixer n he willing for just 2.5 k in singapore dollars. A mixer like this could be up to 6k here. He been using it for 3-4 yrs n have recently undergo servicing n is in top condition as he proclaimed to me. So it is wise for me to grab it;) Anyone out there have exprience using this for recording basis... If so i would like to listen ur review on it. Thanks;)

I was given 2 weeks to think abt it...(He selling cos he did not wish to operate his recording studio any longer but only teach in music school)

This is not abt my djing thingy but more to my recording equipment and It also abt time to upgrade from my behringer xenyx 1832fx and the yamaha mixer at my recording studio;)

Regards.

Posted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 2:29 pm
the Mackie's have a great reputation .......looks like a lot of sends , returns , 4 band swept eq ........3? inserts per channel ?

i would check it thoroughly b4 buying , get proof of the recent servicing , and be very careful not to overpay ........

Posted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 4:07 pm
chucknorrisyouwimps wrote :
the Mackie's have a great reputation .......looks like a lot of sends , returns , 4 band swept eq ........3? inserts per channel ?

i would check it thoroughly b4 buying , get proof of the recent servicing , and be very careful not to overpay ........

I don't know if it's a good deal or not. What I would ask myself is, do I want to spend $2,500 on a 4 year old piece of equipment? What has happened in 4 years, technology wise? Can I spend another $1000 and get the latest up to date piece of equipment? How much use is this going to get? No matter what I spend, is it just gonna sit and collect dust? Do I really need all of this, or do I just want it, because I think I'm getting a good deal? Is this the mixer you have always wanted, or is that mixer still out there?

Posted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 4:27 pm
KregCZPRO InfinityMember since 2005
These mixers are good quality, They are vary popular home studio mixers.
But... You can buy used ones on e-bay for less than $1000 us.
check em' out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mackie-24-8-mixer-with-power-supply-stand_W0QQitemZ190191457426QQihZ009QQcategoryZ41473QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mackie-24-8-recording-PA-Mixer-Console_W0QQitemZ330205383451QQihZ014QQcategoryZ41473QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If your going to spend over $1000 you should buy a Mackie ONYX Mixer they are much cleaner and newer design.

Posted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 4:43 pm
in the U.S. as a trade in the big chain stores would only pay 20 cents on the dollar ..... i don't know what that would add up to , but don't over pay

Posted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 4:54 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thanks guys for ur input.. n to kregcz, it sure a better deal there but as i see it, it only will be ship ard US only. N yes to Amahm, I think this is a mixer that i would look into to work with my adat too. At chuck, yes i will try not to overpay for what its worth, that y i need advise;) Beside this i was looking on behringer biggest console too which of course cost lesser.

So in conclusion, I think i will hope to hold off this till the end of the 2 weeks which by then i have a clearer decision. I also will look into the onxy series too. thnks;)

If there is any more review on experiences with this, pls i like to hear more.

Regards;)

Posted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 11:12 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)