Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: He had a Dream....

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
...and that dream was equality. Today here we celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day here. Let us not forget his dream, or his message.

[youtube]gZLvSnr6s50&feature=related[/youtube]

Posted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 12:49 pm
Amazing how much ONE person can change the world for the better ......

Posted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 1:35 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
its quite funny how the schools here are not allowed to officially call it that, my kids told me it was an administrative day

Posted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 1:39 pm
DJ Cyder wrote :
its quite funny how the schools here are not allowed to officially call it that, my kids told me it was an administrative day

It really isn't funny, but pathetic, that after all this time, we still have so far to go. What a blown opportunity to teach those kids the true history of this country, but to also instill in them the basic principles of humanity. It really is that simple.

So not one person in your community has stepped up to ask the district why they failed to honor a man, that has helped them, more than they know? What a shame. Unless you live in a wealthy district, remind them how poor little white kids benefited from Dr. Kings sacrifice.

Posted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 1:53 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
What is even more of an irony Cyder, one of Martin's teachings was to educate all. Why not keep our kids in school and teach them all about his dream today? As opposed to giving them a day off school and a reason to forget?

We have forgotten to follow him was not a popular thing to do. He was feared by many because once his dream would come about they would not be entitled anymore, but would have to earn any position in life. That is the cornerstone of his teachings. Let all men succeed of fail according to their character. Only to be killed by a biggot, great men often run the risk of ridicule and death for saying what they believe. But they said it anyway. Showing their character, like Martin.

Posted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 1:54 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)