Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: What ever happened to...... XP10's

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I remember when i first start loitering around this forum, back in 2003.

Around that XP10's was the word on everone's lips, but never see em mentioned now anmd they are not mention on the hardware section of the site.

Does anyone still have them, use them, were they any good?

Posted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 5:41 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
There is now a Usb 2.0 Version called the Xp5 (not sure if this one is natively supported) there is likely to be a Xp10 pro out soonish aslo with better soundcard and other new features.

The xp10 is a good controler for sure with good jog wheels and has native support in vdj and a mapper.

Posted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 8:12 am
Thanks for the info skyfxl

Is there anything like the xp5 but without a soundcard built into?

Something that can be bought as a pair (for either side of mixer) and would allow midi control over VDJ, nudging & scratching etc...

Posted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 8:59 am
ICDX 's .....Teary uses 'em .....and if you crash during a gig , your back up , high end cd players are right there .......if you keep some emergency discs use them or plug yer ipod into the Icdx .......

Posted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 9:25 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I think the XP10 in concept is a great way to go:

Great Touch sensitive Jog wheel
Standard CDJ controls and feel (although on a smaller scale)
Ultra portable
High quality soundcard

I think a version with steel casing, improved buttons, lights, slightly bigger and improved ASIO drivers would make the ideal controller.

I would be using my XP10 at gigs now, but I believe it to be faulty (I bought it a few months ago), after about an hour of good sound it just stops as if it was unplugged, after I plug it in again, it works fine for another hour.

Posted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 12:18 pm
Is the scratching/nudging processed by the XP10 or by VDJ (Using Midi signals from the XP10)?

Posted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 1:17 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
XP10's were good for there time. They were the first midi controllers with real scratch/jog wheels.

I'm not sure if its really aimed at the pro dj market (mine broke in less than a year) but I had fun with them. Theres alot more controllers available now, I would go for something else.

Posted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 2:09 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
An XP10 without a soundcard? Personally I don't think this will happen. The idea is that the Controller can output high quality sound just like a CD player, it's less hassle but pushes up the price.

Posted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 2:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)