Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: A CRASH! (First in 3,5 years)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

And then I experienced what we all are so afraid of: In the middle of my set yesterday i started loosing the timecode signal. I disabled the TC to the playing deck, put on a cd and then went in to timecode setup and pressed auto-config and badaboom VDJ had it's first crash since I started using it 3,5 years ago. Unpleasant experience for sure... but hey, if it's 3,5 years untli next time, I can live with it...

Posted Sun 20 Jan 08 @ 9:23 am
And, gee it was probably my own fault. Just checked my system drive and it's almost full (247MB free) som I probably got trouble with my virtual memory... Yeah... I'm supposed to be a proffessional. Right.

Posted Sun 20 Jan 08 @ 10:55 am

hehehehe

That WOULD make it crash yes ;) no free virtual swap drive

Suprised Windows didnt crash ;)

Posted Sun 20 Jan 08 @ 11:00 am
RuudboyPRO InfinityMember since 2007
still has the loosing timecode signal as many people so if he would have not had that problem he would have not had a crash at all... ;)

BUT SERIOUSLY WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET SOME REPLIES ON THE ZILLION OF POST CONCERNING THE LOSE OF TIMECODE SIGNAL!

We know we can go back to 4.13 or whatever but thats not a decent reply!

Posted Sun 20 Jan 08 @ 6:31 pm
funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
I used to have same problem with TC loosing after about 3 hours or so, and my setup was 2 denon 3500s, Motu Ultralite, and Ecler NUO4. I have plenty of memory and Hard drivespace. However it seems that since switching over to the Ecler EVO5 and using its ASIO soundcard, (knock on wood) I havent had any TC issues in my last 3 live sets. Mainly I experienced the issues from going non timecode and switching over to timecode halfway throguh gig.
Whats your config, and are you using ASIO?

Posted Sun 20 Jan 08 @ 10:23 pm
RuudboyPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I have the same issues with the conectiv box, the serato box and the virtual vinyl box.... i have tried all settings i could think off.. i have the problems on several systems using vinyl, cd and pro cd.. on cdx, pio and denons, and technics for the vinyl of course...so yes ASIO i am using with the conectiv but with serato and vv box not of course.. actuall the conectiv gives the least problems...

Posted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 2:37 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
sjursjur wrote :
then went in to timecode setup and pressed auto-config and badaboom VDJ had it's first crash

Could you copy and paste here the data written in your "crashguard report.txt" file. (Open the file with Wordpad)

Thanks in advance

Posted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 8:49 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)