Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Numark DJ/IO - I'm confused

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi All

Sorry, i know the DJ i/o is supposed to be as simple as they come, but im confused!

Just got my Numark DJ i/o, installed the drivers, but after using it i'm wondering if it's lacking in a way i want and am use to.

Everything works ok in a sense, through the earphones i can PFL to deck 1 or deck 2 at willl, i can listen to the 'active' deck with the other deck mixed in through earphones using the (Cue > Mix slider in VDJ), but i can't find a way to get the earphones to source out exactly was is being blasted out on the masterout outputs (1)

Is there a way to do this? Have i not configured something right, or is this just the way it is supposed to be?

Posted Fri 11 Jan 08 @ 7:41 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Yeah....on the skin your using....or if your also using the Total Control there is a know for cue/mains, call PH mix.

Posted Fri 11 Jan 08 @ 8:07 pm
TearEmUp wrote :
Yeah....on the skin your using....or if your also using the Total Control there is a know for cue/mains, call PH mix.

I have got the NTC, but not connected at the moment, i can't find my USB hub so can't have Sound card, Ext Hard Drive and NTC all plugged in at the same time. (Until i find it!)

I'm using he VDJ 5.06 with the internal mixer skin, i can only see and am aware of the Cue > Mix slider.

Whilst this allows me to listen to the active deck and mix in the secondary to the amount i want (on headphones), i can find no way of just listening to exatcly what is being output on master as per my crossfader dictates at the time.

Please help Tear Em Up!!

Posted Fri 11 Jan 08 @ 8:14 pm
Just installed the latest driver from Numarks website, taking it from version 2.81 to 2.89, still no difference.

Currently i can find no way of listening to the master output through my headphones unless i changes the settings in VDJ to stereo 3/4 as Master, but if i do that then i can't hear anything im cueing!!!

Posted Fri 11 Jan 08 @ 8:37 pm
A little more info, if i turn the master right down on the skin, no matter which deck i switch to and how i move the cue > mix slider, i can still hear either deck on the earphones full volume.

Posted Fri 11 Jan 08 @ 9:10 pm
digimixer wrote :

I have got the NTC, but not connected at the moment, i can't find my USB hub so can't have Sound card, Ext Hard Drive and NTC all plugged in at the same time. (Until i find it!)

Just a friendly advice: Avoid to connect the ext hard disc on the same hub with the sound card.

Posted Sat 12 Jan 08 @ 9:00 am
Thanks for the tip gluzantzas, yeah always plug my sound card directly into laptop rather than the hub.

Is anyone able to help with the problem above?

Currently when i'm prelistening (cueing), the volume slider and EQs have no effect (but i want them too!), i am also unable to find a way to hear through my headphones exactly what it being put out to the audience.

If there is no way to do the above, it looks like i'll have to go back to my MK2 (which lets me do all the above) and sell the DJ/IO.

Posted Sun 13 Jan 08 @ 5:04 am
moshiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
digimixer wrote :
Currently when i'm prelistening (cueing), the volume slider and EQs have no effect (but i want them too!)

Just go to the registry base and change the "EqInHeadphones" key...you just gotta turn it to 1 !
Dunno for the volume solution...
If you're affraid of going to the registry base or if you dunno how to do it,just dl this registry tool and tick the EqInHeadphones case !

Posted Sun 13 Jan 08 @ 11:07 am
Ok cool, cheers for that. Any ideas onn how to get the master out coming through headphones?

Posted Sun 13 Jan 08 @ 12:20 pm
Aftre playing around with the DJ/IO further, i've come to the conclusion that you just can't do what i want to be able to do with it.

It would appear the MK2 does all these things (eqs, volume & master through headphones) at a hardware level.

I still have the Mk2, but it's MIC output levels are way to low, hence i purchased the DJ I/O.

In hindsight i should of purchased an external mixer with a Mic Input!

As far as i see it the DJ/IO is only any use if you split the master output over 1/2 and 3/4 and plug those into an external mixer. No good for going straight into amp. (IMO)

Saying that, i got into DJing via VDJ and the Mk1 originally, so i've always used a hercules as my sound carrd, with the DJ/IO i feel handicapped!

I've developed my DJing technique with the features available to me on the Mk2. I often use the Headphone knob on the MK2 and switch between Deck A, Deck B, Mix & Split. When cross fading, i switch to Mix (which is exactly what is going out through the speakers to the crowd) and make fine tweaks as i fade. Having this ability is also handy in thefact that i can be at home & mix without tyhe need for any speakers, all done through my headphones.

So it looks like i've wasted my money, unless there are any tweaks available to me in VDJ that can replicate what the MK2 does at a hardware level.

Posted Mon 14 Jan 08 @ 8:22 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)