Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: I NEED to change an irq in vista...or else

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

owniebPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I keep getting blips and bleeps, and I checked my IRQ list, and both the controller that is running VV and my regular sound controller are running on IRQ23. I also checked the list and it said that there was only 1% of the bandwith being used for VV. I would imagine that with stuff going in and out of this connection, the bandwith would have to be greater. The program works fine when no timecodes...only blips and bleeps with TCCD. HELP, PLEASE!

Posted Thu 10 Jan 08 @ 7:24 pm
Try a different USB port and check the IRQs again.

Posted Thu 10 Jan 08 @ 9:33 pm
get rid of vista :P just kidding, what kind of computer do you have m8 ? could be that the bios needs to be updated ( a long longshot ) since it´s the bios handling the irq´sbut it could also be the software handling for the irq..try finding new chipset drivers

Posted Fri 11 Jan 08 @ 6:45 am
I have an HP dv6150, 2g ram, but an Intell Express chipset. Bios is current, and I've tried the changing the usb ports...still gives it IRQ 23, same as high def soundcard port installed in laptop. Spent a lot of $, just like all of you, and this sucks that it won't work correctly. It's killin me, man...killin me.

Posted Fri 11 Jan 08 @ 10:58 am
Could you disable the builtin sound card in the bios?
Ewout

Posted Fri 11 Jan 08 @ 12:26 pm
I'm not sure of the procedure on disabling the other card...and I'm not sure that I want to f around with it like that. I guess there's just no way of changing an IRQ?

Posted Sat 12 Jan 08 @ 9:56 am
as superstorm just said, try dissabling it in bios. Could also try dissabling the soundcard directly in vista

Posted Sat 12 Jan 08 @ 9:56 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)