Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: cdj 400 problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

My setup:
1 rodec mixer
2 cdj400
1 dual core laptop
maya 44

Before this I had a DAC-3 controller and had no problems.

Can someone please tell me how to connect the hole bunch of cables. I hooked my cdj's with the rca cables to line 1&2 on my mixer (for regular cd). cdj's with USB to my laptop. laptop to soundcard with usb. Output of maya:1&2 to line3 of mixer, 3&4 to line 4 of mixer.
VDJ config: input:none, output: external mixer, soundcard: maya44 channel1&2 left deck, channel 3&4 right deck. Midi enabled

questions:
- Did I do anything wrong?
- How do I config midi?
-The gain of regular cd is on 3 while the gain of VDJ(on my external mixer) must be on 9 to play the same volume.
- I think the pc doesn't recognize the cdj as new hardware, can I check it?

thx in advance.

Posted Sun 06 Jan 08 @ 3:53 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Dude you waste no time buying the new gadgets... the cdj-400 isnt natively supported yet.

Does the cdj-400 come with any software?

Try enabling midi in the controllers section and clicking config. Test that a signal is present by pressing a button to see if vdj is registering the midi signals sent. If it is, then you be able to map some functions.

Repost if you need help with that.

Posted Sun 06 Jan 08 @ 4:00 pm
the cdj400 just come with the manual that's all. no software.
in the midi config it does nothing. does it mean the pc doesn't recognize the new hardware?

Posted Sun 06 Jan 08 @ 4:07 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yeah it looks the device isnt recognised.

Turn the cdj-400 on but make sure its not plugged into the pc. When you plug it in do you hear anything? Does any dialog boxes/messages pop up?

Can you open device manager? Right click on my computer/ click manage/ click on device manager.
Scroll down the list of devices and check if theres anything that says unknown device. If there is repost back here.

Is there any support/help on the pioneer website?

Posted Sun 06 Jan 08 @ 4:16 pm
the pioneer's website for support on the cdj400 is 'comming soon'. Damn.
anyway thanx in advance

Posted Sun 06 Jan 08 @ 4:20 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)