Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Geeks vs. Jock(ey)s

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Just out of curiosity:
How many of you (VDJ Users) got into VDJ from the DJing side of things
or...
Got into VDJ from the computer geek side of things

Personally, I have always had circuits on the brain and a love for listening to and choosing music. I found VDJ in my reading someplace (some people call it the internet), and decided it was a wonderful use of my mp3 collection and an outlet for my music taste.

I'm sure though, that a larger majority of VDJ users came from a DJ background and chose it as their digital DJ tool.

Let me know!

Posted Fri 04 Jan 08 @ 10:06 pm
Club DJ and Mobile DJ Here

Posted Fri 04 Jan 08 @ 10:24 pm
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hmm, thats a relative question. I've always been a hardcore geek being in computers all my life but got into VDJ as a DJ first. I think those who really like VDJ probably have some geek in them which makes the match quite good. It's a tool that needs a bit of nerdiness to appreciate it's qualities over other competitors in the market.

Posted Fri 04 Jan 08 @ 10:53 pm
I am a DJ, that has been forced into this computer thing. I started with PCDJ, and knew nothing about computers, in 1999. I still don't know shit about computers, that's why I come here.

Posted Fri 04 Jan 08 @ 11:17 pm
KeivanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I'm a Dj who wanted to add video to my show and I'm an electronics nut. I'm also a ham radio operator. That say's it all. I'm a rare breed. I love computers and started with pcdj in the late nineties I was In heaven & now forget about this is the coolest VDJ Very Powerful. All thought no one ever answered or read my post on the forum about the trouble im having with DVD's. Take a Look

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/83294/General_Discussion/Audio_Problems_When_Play_Some_DVD_s_In_VDJ___Please_Help.html

Nice topic

Thank You.
Keivan

Posted Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 12:12 am
djlexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I started in early 80's on vinyl and worked my way thrugh technology with cds in 90's and Bpm studio in late 90's, I was a DJ all my life but I love technology too and that made me a computer geek.

Posted Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 2:27 am
nerd
then semi-geek
then radio
then club and cd's
then my other wife - Virtual DJ

life is good

Posted Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 4:13 am
DJ first, thank god.

Posted Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 5:39 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
same as djlex basically but mid 70s when i started, love technology but biggest advantage for me is no more humpin' crates of the black stuff around, (should've got a roadie) i'm such a lazy git... lol

Tayla

Posted Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 5:50 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
I call us Djgeeks
We are a blend of the two
Some are more of a geek that enjoy music and evolve into djing.
Some are djs evolving to geek like me who found the benefits of pc use appealing.

Either way, we are all learning more about the other every time we boot up.

Posted Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 7:21 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

DJ first with vinyl, then discovered VirtualDJ this year. God send, no more humpin' record boxes around.

But still don't know anything on Pc's I know I should...Hehe

Jimmy b

Posted Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 10:22 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)