Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Hosting a Private Party.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

For those of you that have done this

I've been thinking of Throwing a "DJ Marcel Music and Events" Private event.

Ideas I've been thinking of include:

Beach Volleyball Tournament.
Boat Cruise party
ST Patrick's Day Bash
Fund Raiser Of some type.

What difficulties have anyone run into?
Sercurity Been a problem?
How did you find your staff? (bartenders, coat check etc) That didn't rip you off?

Input would be helpfull.

Posted Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 8:42 pm
djlexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
YOU EITHER GET RICH OR GET ONE OR MANY SPONSORS, OR CONVINCE YOUR MAYOR THAT THE CITY WILL BENEFIT A LOT OR JUST ASK FAT BOY SLIM :)

Posted Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 10:10 pm
djlexPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Now seriously it is expensive, I was in big events and you subcontract, takes a lot of work, in Chicago I was part of a September street fest and the operation started in February, so you need to juggle connections, sponsors, money, permits, security, politicians, power supply , equipment, caterer, carpenters , refrigeration, garbage, parking, safety and back up solutions for everything, then don't forget about media , publicity, competition, etc so you realy have to think it over and over again

Posted Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 10:41 pm
The hard part would be promoting and getting the right people to help out. To have a party on a boat is not cheap, it can be over 1k to rent depending on the size. Picking the right date is another. Getting a bouncer is easier than getting a good bartender. You can have a close friend charge money for each drink the bartender makes and if you are charging admission, have a family member or close friend collect the money. I would recomend your family or closest friends to help out

Posted Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 10:43 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)