Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: NVCACHE

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi guys,

A new 'drive' has appeared on my laptop. Its called itself NVCACHE and its 500mb in size.

It appears to be constantly full, and windows keeps telling me that its full.

Can anyone enlighten me as to where this has come from, what it is etc.

I'm using Vista. I have a dual boot installed (Vista on both partitions) and occasionally the drive appears on my other Vista OS as well.

Help!

Gary

Posted Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 8:18 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006

Posted Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 8:28 pm
I've been sitting here gogling it for the past 2 hours.

I can't understand why after 3 months of using the laptop it should just appear. Also if its supposed to be there, why does windows keep flashing me a message saying its full if its supposed to be there.

More help needed from someone please.

Gary

Posted Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 8:41 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003

Posted Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 8:44 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
an nv cash is a flash drive have you been experimenting with any of the vista virtual drive or speedboost tools?

Posted Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 8:45 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
could also be a new hard drive that allows for cached spindowns, did you add a new drive lately?

Posted Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 8:52 pm
No, I haven't added anything. The laptop is only 3 months old. Its just appeared out of nowhere. Every 5 minutes windows says its nearly full and i should perform a disc clean up on it.

Posted Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 8:55 pm
skyfxl wrote :
an nv cash is a flash drive have you been experimenting with any of the vista virtual drive or speedboost tools?

No, i haven't experimented with anything. i have performed a windows update though.

Posted Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 8:59 pm
I can't seem to find any info on why this has happened.

I updated the latest turbo memory driver from Intel. The drive disappears, bit once i boot up my other vista OS its back again.

Gary

Posted Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 1:05 pm
Oh no, you are gonna have to call a priest to perform an exorcism, because it is possessed by demons. I would not be in a room alone with that machine. I would also keep an eye on the priest.

Posted Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 1:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)