Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: It is possible 2 Video outs with VDJ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I just wondering if you have a Video card or 2 video cards, It is possible to have 2 video outs as 2 individual outputs? To use an external analog video mixer.

If you can route audio with audio cards, Im guessing that it should route video with aditional video cards.

Posted Mon 31 Dec 07 @ 9:31 am
yap... but as you say, you need 2 cards :) one output for each instance of VDJ, or a skin that has multi decks built in

Posted Mon 31 Dec 07 @ 9:56 am
Wow man. Everything it is possible with VDJ!

I suggest making a TOPIC with the things that cant be done with VDJ!!! I´ll bet that will be an empty Topic with no replys ;)

Posted Mon 31 Dec 07 @ 10:53 am

hehe...

It wont cook you dinner ;) lol

Posted Mon 31 Dec 07 @ 10:55 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
dj-in-norway wrote :

hehe...

It wont cook you dinner ;) lol

That sounds like a challenge... I was wondering what plugin to write after the SMS one LOL!!

Posted Mon 31 Dec 07 @ 11:40 am
that would be dope....@ least to get better performence

Posted Tue 01 Jan 08 @ 2:43 pm
djfsPRO InfinityMember since 2007
how would you setup vdj to play off the two video cards. is there anyone doing this just now?

Posted Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 7:47 am
Unless things have changed I was always told windows could not run two video cards, that there was no way to "route" the video as you can with audio. Prior to VDJ's ability to do video I spent months trying to get a set up with two video player programs to go to two different video cards (even had one installed in the PCI port and one in the VGA port to try to "fool" windows and that did not work) and also spent a lot of time on several "professional" video forums and talking with programming experts and they all gave me the same response that with windows it could not be done.........don't really need it with VDJ as rock solid as it is, but is this now possible and how do you do it in XP?

Posted Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 11:41 am
I have used windows with two video cards (not the internal that comes with the motherboard), one AGP and one PCI. I used two monitors.

When you use a bus card (AGP or PCI) it autodissables the internal card that comes attached to the motherboard. Try using another PCI card.

Posted Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 12:07 pm
You can run off of as many graphics cards as you can put in your PC. Whoever told you that you couldn't use more than one told you a big lie. Once you activate all the cards they will be assigned a name. Just choose that card in VDJ and you are off to the races.

Posted Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 8:11 pm
Just out of interest, does anybody know a good skin that you could use for this?

Posted Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 10:05 pm
Buy this module, runs about 100USD which not only allows 4 outputs but is also a signal booster :)

1:4 SHINYBOW S-VIDEO + AUDIO DISTRIBUTION AMPLIFIER SPLITTER

1:4 S-Video/Analog Audio Distribution Amplifier. Model# SB-3716
The 1:4 S-Video/Analog Audio Distribution Amplifier is designed to work as a splitter for S-Video/Analog Audio applications. Capable of splitting a S-Video and Analog Audio signal from one source to four devices with compatible inputs. A built in amplifier will boost the signal to the needed level, to prevent signal loss and picture degradation. A maximum bandwidth of 100MHz will support a sharp and highly defined video in multiple resolutions of up to 576i. The 1:4 Distribution Amplifier works with satellite and cable set-top boxes, DVD players, D-VHS players and all other equipment that is equipped with proper Audio/Video Connections.

Features:

Sends Video and Audio to multiple displays at the same time
Allows connection of 4 displays
Supports LDTV and SDTV resolutions
Installs in seconds
Specifications:

Video Amplifier Bandwidth: 100MHz
Resolutions: up to 576i
Video Input Connectors: S-Video + 2-RCA 75Ω (Al/Ar)
Video Output Connectors: 4 sets S-Video + 2-RCA 75Ω (Al/Ar)
Power Consumption: 450mA (max.)
Power Supply: 12VDC; 500mA
Amplifier Size: (L/W/H) 4.33in/3.11in/1.72in;
Package Includes:

1:4 Distribution Amplifier
Instruction Manual
S-Video/Al/Ar cable included
AC/DC Adapter: 12VDC, 500mA

http://www.lenexpo-electronics.com/pdf/sb-3716.pdf

Posted Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 1:31 pm
Yeah, but with that splitter you cannot have individual ouputs (a different video for each output) to use an external video mixer. ;)

Posted Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 5:55 pm
I have posted on this topic a few months ago and was told that you can use one of the skins that has a multiple instant which is basically 2 instances of VDJ at the same time. The problem is you can only do audio and not video. I think it was DJinNorway that told me at this time VDJ does not allow you, or is not set up to broadcast 2 seperate video signals from the 2 instances of the program. To clarify, you currently output the A and B decks through the ouitput of your video card, but even if you use the multi instance skin and have a second video card installed on your computer, the 2nd instance of VDj can not be assigned to the second video card. That is, unless I misunderstood what I was told.
I have been requesting this feature for a while now, and it would be great if they incorporated it into Version 5.1. It would be awesome to have 4 video decks at your fingertips. It would revolutionize DJ software and open up many possibilities for creative mixes.

Posted Sun 06 Jan 08 @ 1:02 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)