Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Just got an M-Audio X session Mixer for Xmas- Need Help Please!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey guys,

I just got an M-Audio X Session Pro Mixer for X-mas. I checked on the Virtual DJ Site, and it says that this mixer is perfect to use with Virtual DJ. For now, I do not have turntables, so what I really want to do is use this mixer with Virtual Dj in order to mix mp3's on the program. My problem is, I cannot get the mixer to synch with virtual DJ. Do I need a sound card or something to do this? I did not think I would, as the mixer is USB and has no RCA inputs for a serato/asio type sound card. I am very new to this, and the reason I got the mixer was because I saw on the site that it was a perfect mixer to use with Virtual DJ. All I want to be able to do is cue in headphones, and to use the M-Audio Mixer to control the fader and stuff on the Virtual DJ program. Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance.

Posted Wed 26 Dec 07 @ 2:29 pm

you need to map it in VDJ keyboard/midi mapper tab, in settings.

Or, if you buy a licence, you can download already made mappers from this site

Posted Wed 26 Dec 07 @ 2:46 pm
Norway is right on as usual
I have X session on one of My newer rigs and I like it
I had to setup the midi mapping (sounds hard but it's real easy )
Hook up ,go into config ,move the pad or slider and see what note you are touching ,then assign the function you
wish to that note ,save etc.,,,,,kinda cool *s*

and please buy the full ver ,money well spent ,,And as You can see ,support is Awesome

Thanks

Best to You
Scott

Posted Sun 06 Jan 08 @ 10:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)