Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ + Total Control + Gigaport + Mixer

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Im looking at purchasing Virtual DJ and am wondering how this setup would work. I want the Total Control to control the audio and video fading in virtual dj. Wondering how/if I will be able to use the headphone output on my mixer. Would like to try all this out before purchase.
Thanks,
Jason

Posted Wed 26 Dec 07 @ 10:44 am
hey jason

1st of all....merry xmas and happy new year

now gettin back to business..

i got the TC(Total control) and an external mixer too

the thing u might need too is an external soundcard.
i got the u46dj and that gives me the ability to separate the outputs to my my mixer so that i can pre listen on my mixer
i use the tc to make the beat mixing tighter..lol..

the gigaport would work perfectly too..
jus cue your songs on the mixer ..simple

dj reaper

Posted Wed 26 Dec 07 @ 10:55 am
Could you go into more detail on how this would be setup? I would like to do a run with the trial software tonight if possible.
Thanks,
Jason

Posted Wed 26 Dec 07 @ 11:10 am
i dont think u'd be able to do that with the trial bro

u need to go go to advaced sound settings and check gigaport..but u will need vdj pro for that ...

Posted Wed 26 Dec 07 @ 11:12 am
I guess I am confused on how it would work with the cossfader on the total control controlling the sound and video in vdj and wanting to listen to the cued up track and how everything works together. Just want to be sure that everything will work (and how) before I start dropping tons of money and find out it wont work.

Posted Wed 26 Dec 07 @ 2:52 pm
Here is how that works :

- The total control is set up as default in VDJ (controls both AUDIO and VIDOE crossfader)
- In soundcard output settings you choose EXTERNAL MIXER plus HEADSET.

You need of course a soundcard with two stereo outs.. to prelisten. Regardless of setup.

Now, the ONE stereo out from your soundcard (master out) goes into one channel of your external mixer, and the OTHER stereo out (prelisten) goes into a second channel of your external mixer.

Now, your set... One channel on the external mixer is master sound, the other prelisten

you can now prelisten tracks at the 2nd channel of your external mixer

;)

Posted Wed 26 Dec 07 @ 3:41 pm

If you dont have an external mixer already, its also worth checkin out real hardware mixers that have midi built in, where you can control VDJs internal video crossfader, from your external mixers hardware audio crossfader, and get what you want.

Such mixers are :

- Ecler Nuo4
- Ecler Nuo5
- Korg Live4
- Pioneer DJM800
and a few more

And possibly soon:
- Pioneer DJM700
- Rane TM mixer

Posted Wed 26 Dec 07 @ 3:44 pm
i have djm 800 could you please tell me how to set it to be midi controller with vdj
thank you

Posted Sun 13 Jan 08 @ 5:55 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)