Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Strange video problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello,

Bought a brand new laptop with 2 gb internal memory.
The videocard has 512 and is NOT shared or hyper memory: Geforce 8600M GT

The Problem:

When I play a video, the first time that I load a video to the other deck, it freezes for less then a second.
But this never happens again when i load another video while the first one is still playing.
So it's only the first time when one video is playing and I load another one to the other deck.
When I choose to load for example ten times another song while one is playing, it never freezes again.
On the video tab, hardware acceleration is enabled.
The video file is about 200 mb and is within 2 seconds loaded ( very fast)

Want also to clear this for the first tim e a load a video to the other deck.

Somebody an idea?

Posted Wed 19 Dec 07 @ 6:11 am
John CPRO InfinityMember since 2005
What you may be experiencing is a "stutter" on the software screens, which quite possibly is not an issue for the video output channel.

I have had a small stutter in the visuals on the software screens and noted it did not effect the main output to the monitors / screens I was showing the output on. That's with a Gforce 6600.

Also, if you have not analyzed all of your database and allowed the software to "time out" each track before a performance you could cause a stutter by loading an unanalyzed files. The software will analyze each new track as you load it but it takes a lot more resources to do so during a performance and can cause a glitch you may have to recover from.

There may be several other reasons I'm not familiar with but hopefully these suggestions cure the issue.

Posted Wed 19 Dec 07 @ 11:25 am
John,

I don't know what you mean with: and allowed the software to "time out" each track

After reading yours, I tested evrything.
First of all, the videoclips are all added to the database and also the bpm engine looked at every track.

On the output video (Beamer and big screen) I still see a glitch, a short freezing screen for less than a second.
Again, this happens only the first time when I load a video while the other deck is playing.
When I load again and again while the same video is playing, I get no freezes.

On my pc, I don't have that problem.

Posted Wed 19 Dec 07 @ 1:23 pm
I sometimes get the same thing but it doesn't affect the output. I don't know if the computer does a quick switch of codec.

Posted Wed 19 Dec 07 @ 3:31 pm
The strangest thing of all is that it doesn't matter how many video's I load to deck that isn't playing.
Only the video that I load first gives a little hickup.

Posted Wed 19 Dec 07 @ 4:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)