Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ/CD setup

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've search through the forums but couldn't find an answer. I've been unplugging the cd players at a local club and just using VDJ, but the last time they had a special event that required the cd players also. Is there a way to leave the cd players hooked up and use the same mixer channels for VDJ. I use the X-FI express sound card and was wondering how to do it. Thanks

Posted Wed 19 Dec 07 @ 12:49 am
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
unfortunatley not with your sound card. x-fi, AFAIK is surround sound but has limited inputs (only 1 stereo?).

with a soundcard that has multiple stereo inputs, you can do this. when timecode on both decks is enabled, there is an option which allows you to bypass the timecode with regular audio so your soundcard and cdjs are going into the same line inputs on the mixer. when a normal djs wants to play, disable bypass timecode and just let your laptop feed the sound from cdj to laptop to mixer. vdj doesnt do anything, its just thruputting the sound.

other option is get a bigger mixer which has 4 line inputs.

Posted Wed 19 Dec 07 @ 2:36 am
What kind of mixer is this?

Posted Wed 19 Dec 07 @ 2:54 am
I't's a 4 channel Pioneer mixer, but they had a wireless mike hooked up to channel 4 they wanted to use that night also. As for my sound card, I have the dongle from creative that gives me 2 channels(these are on the side, marked 'front and rear". Theres 2 mini jacks in the middle one is marked "side" and the other is "c/sub" ( i think)

Posted Wed 19 Dec 07 @ 11:40 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)