Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Set default audio gain - is possible?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Gang -

I since redid my MP3s and they are all hard limited to 89% to eliminate clipping during decoding. The auto gain is not useful until the track fully loads causing a sudden increase in volume.

Now, is there a way to set the player gain by a fixed amount? I don't need (or want auto). I am looking for a 1.5db boost max.

Thanks gang!

Posted Mon 10 Dec 07 @ 1:02 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Once you set the first track at the gain you want, if you have selected "always match" any tracks you load thereafter will load up at the same positive gain setting.

However, if you are looking for good quality positive gain levels, I would use the mixer gain for this instead of the program.

Posted Mon 10 Dec 07 @ 1:44 pm
You will find that the volume or gain changes after the song has loaded for songs that you have never played before using virtual dj.
If you scan all of the songs for bpm before playing them you'll find the volume beingthe same since virtual dj is farmiliar with the song as it has been scaned before.If you are using an external mixer, I would suggest that you set the mixer on the program at 0db and use the external one.
I would advice you to scan all of your songs or the songs that you are going to play in a gig just once as vdj saves the 'results',because if you do not do so you might end up playing a song while the gain is changing or a song that has wrong bpm (for those that use sync to beat match) especially for hip hop or reggae dj's.You will find that alot of Hip hop rnb songs or reggae have wrong bpm after scanning with virtual dj thus I request using mixmeister to scan for your bpm.
Remember to be prepaired for a gig and I think that such things are necessary.I was once told that for a good gig you'd have to be farmiliar with a song and how the program responds to the track.
Sorry for changing the subject up there
NB: NOT PREPAIRING IS PREPAIRING TO FAIL

Posted Mon 10 Dec 07 @ 2:08 pm
tiger1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
How does VDJ recognise the BPM once they've been calculated by 'mixmeister' ?

Is it stored on the song file itself, and VDJ reads it from there?

Thanks

Posted Tue 11 Dec 07 @ 3:29 am
radiofcPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I would say he means use mixmeister to calculate it then manually enter it on VDJ...

Posted Tue 11 Dec 07 @ 4:10 am
tiger1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
ooooh - that could take me a year or two.

VDJ does an OK job with BPMs - i'll keep it as it is.

Cheers

Posted Tue 11 Dec 07 @ 6:44 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)