Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Projector Problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

This is the weirdest thing that I have experinced with projectors. The project is only a year old it has been used 4 times all together but when you plugged into the electric socket it works. Than lets say u need to replaced somewhere else and you remove it from the electric socket and plugged in agian there is no little green light that says power is being recieved and you can go ahead and press power to activate it. Than you have to wait about 6 hours or so for it to come back to life. The first time you plugged it it works fine. Than without even turning it on if you take the power cord out and plugged back in it doesnt turn on. I dono if iam explaning right but its driving me nuts. I have one chance of selecting the right plug at a gig if not the projector wont come to life for another 6 hours or so. I have searched around on google but nothing, i also contact the manufactur and they said out of warranty and you have to pay to get it fix but i dono if they will do anything to it and just send it back the way it is..any light on the subject will be greatly appreciated. Its a optoma e716

Posted Fri 07 Dec 07 @ 4:42 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
sounds as though it really does need to go back to the shop, this is a wild guess but when its up and running check if its got a sleep mode, may need some tweeking or something along those lines, if that fails use a hammer...

Tayla

Posted Sat 08 Dec 07 @ 5:22 am
A hammer and run it over. Its out of warranty so to fix it they 140 dollars just to look at it plus whatever laber and parts it needs...arround 350-400 and i paid 500 for it, so it does not sound too good to shipp it out...ill check it out when its running again ..thank you

Posted Sat 08 Dec 07 @ 2:50 pm
You could plug it into a small battery backup so it would never lose power during transportation.

Posted Sun 09 Dec 07 @ 6:59 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
You need to power it down until the fan stops.
Projectors generate tremendous heat, so there are safeties in place to protect the bulb.

I can only assume that based on what you write that you yank the plug and then plug it in.
Every projector ever made is going to time out until the lower temp threshold is achieved before powering up the bulb.
6 hrs is excessive granted.

Try this:
Rather than just powering off or yanking the plug, power down with the button.
You should see an on screen text that says "power off" and click it again.
Then wait till the fan stops before you unplug the unit.

It sounds like the thermal switch is hanging up to me, made worse by the lack of the fan assisted cool down period.

For what new ones cost, I wouldn't go dumping alot of money into it.
I had a Optoma EX Pro 750 that blew a color wheel and it wasn't worth fixing.
Bought 2 Sanyo 4000 lumen lcd projectors instead and love them.

Posted Sun 09 Dec 07 @ 9:31 am
John CPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hey There Rick,

Good seeing you on the boards.

Rick's response is more than likely the reason.

If you have ever unplugged a hot projector before allowing it to cool down then YOU have caused damage to it. The thermal limitations on every projector requires this "cool down" time. So leave it plugged in and turn it off, and then wait until the fan stops ... or else!

I'm seeing 2,200 lumen XGA for under $500 these days.

Posted Wed 19 Dec 07 @ 11:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)