Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Music File ERROR Duplicated tracks

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello,
Alot of my music files when loaded onto a deck says error and there is a duplicate file of the same song that works. How do i get all of these error filles (mp3's by the way) out of my search engine? Why are they here in the first place? Thanks

Posted Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 11:40 pm
Hi Hakeem
Do your audio files reside on an external hard disc?

I had this problem once, and what caused it was, because I had an extra drive attached at bootup, the two discs with my audio and video files on flipped to different drive letters.

The reason, in my case, for the "dead" database entries, was that all of my history entries had been recorded with the drive letters as they were previously, and both the "dead" entries and the correct entries came up in the search.

Once I'd restored the drive letters to what they should have been, everything went back to normal, although if this is the problem in your case, you might have to either delete or "hack" some of your history files, because the most recent ones may have been recorded with the "wrong" drive letters, and so you'll still have a couple of dupes when you switch back.

Pete

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 5:42 am
hello, my files are not on external. and it only has been doing this since i upgraded to newer version and it occurs when i switch a song from one folder to another. it vkeeps the old file. is there a refresh button or something so the browser can read the correct file?

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 3:34 pm
Ah, gotcha

When you've moved the file from one folder to another, you need to do a right-click on the folder(s) containing the moved files, then do "add to search db" in order for the files to be found in their new location (you may already have done this)

The "dead link" situation still occurs for me as described above if you have any of the files you've moved in your history, you can manually edit the M3U files to be correct, or delete them completely if you want to remove them.

Pete

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 4:41 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
in the browser tab, choose the proper drive from the drop down and click check.
or you can right click the drive and click recurse.

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 4:43 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)