Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Key Lock.. is this how its supposed to work??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm using version 5.0, and when i enable key lock and pitch up or down on the turntables, the pitch of the track in fact changes as well. The only way it time-stretches instead is when pitch adjusting internally, which seems useless (at least in my case). Am i missing something or is this just how the feature works? I'm used to serato's key lock feature if that is any frame of reference. thanks

Posted Sat 01 Dec 07 @ 8:55 pm
The pitch will change when you change the pitch on your turntables, then after a short time, (when VDJ knows what new speed your decks are at) the song will revert to the key that it was in when you pressed the key lock button.

Although the pitch adjustment may seem instant on the screen, the software in fact takes about 1000 - 2000 ms (which can be adjusted) before applying the pitch to other aspects of the software.

Have you tried adjusting the pitch and then leaving it in a position for any length of time, or have you waggled cause it didn't change with the movements?

Posted Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 3:13 pm
i see.. i probably havent left it long enough to readjust, but i will try that. thanks!

Posted Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 8:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)