Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Just let out some steam!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

This is my story for friday.

To park on my street between the hours of 12:00 am to 6:00 am i need to have a parking permit, with i can purchase from city hall.

As i go to renew it at city hall im told they cannot renew it because my truck (Nissan Frontier LE) is registered as a comercial vehicle (not issued to businesses). I do not use my truck for comercial/business.
So, i go to get it changed so that my registration says its for personal use, they clange the code to personal use, im also told that licence plates will remain the same, since all trucks must have black plates. (cars/vans are blue).
As i go back to city hall, mind you there is a line up of about 80 people each time, im then told they have to give me blue licence plates because black plates are for comercial use, and the city is no longer issuing parking permits to black plates.
When i go back to licencing office im told that because of the weight class of the truck the plates must be black. Furthermore, since i have the the extended cab and its a 4X4, the province must issue black plates.
I then ask for for some kind of document i can take to city hall, none are available, only on the internet, wich they do not have the url for.
I go back to city hall and tell them my story, since its friday + end of the month the lineup is now at least 100 people.

I was very quickly told they cant do anything, and they are cracking down on people like me!

And this my friends, is i spent my friday afternoon, and after telling my story im not feeling any better.....im so FVKC!V!G PISSED OFF!!!!

Posted Fri 30 Nov 07 @ 5:01 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You have officially vented :)

Posted Fri 30 Nov 07 @ 7:06 pm
Better to be pist off than pist on. Well, only if your into that kinda thing.

Posted Sat 01 Dec 07 @ 12:13 am
We don't tolerate this kind of shit here in the USA. We go postal, and shoot the place up. This makes the other employees more productive, and keeps them on their toes. The hospital they sent me to, was very nice, and I only had to do two years. The drugs were great. That reminds me, it's time to take my meds. Now, I wear a large button that says "Don't Make Me Go Postal". People usually try to help me very quickly.

Posted Sat 01 Dec 07 @ 3:38 am
paulettecerra wrote :
Better to be pist off than pist on. Well, only if your into that kinda thing.

Umm.....What kind of pee we talking about?

Posted Sat 01 Dec 07 @ 3:40 am
"Dear Sir , enclosed please find bank check for 1 " "Don't Make Me Go Postal " button . Thank you

Posted Sat 01 Dec 07 @ 2:14 pm
wouldnt it just be simpler to emigrate?

Posted Sat 01 Dec 07 @ 6:48 pm
wildcountryclub wrote :
wouldnt it just be simpler to emigrate?

Or renounce your citizenship and get a free ride, no taxes, free health care, drive without a valid driver’s license, get caught and pay a $50.00 fine at the court house and do no jail time, use other citizen’s social security number to get Master cards with thousands in credit all for free.

If your not a citizen, all laws don't apply.

Posted Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 11:59 am
djrasza wrote :
This is my story for friday.

To park on my street between the hours of 12:00 am to 6:00 am i need to have a parking permit, with i can purchase from city hall.

As i go to renew it at city hall im told they cannot renew it because my truck (Nissan Frontier LE) is registered as a comercial vehicle (not issued to businesses). I do not use my truck for comercial/business.
So, i go to get it changed so that my registration says its for personal use, they clange the code to personal use, im also told that licence plates will remain the same, since all trucks must have black plates. (cars/vans are blue).
As i go back to city hall, mind you there is a line up of about 80 people each time, im then told they have to give me blue licence plates because black plates are for comercial use, and the city is no longer issuing parking permits to black plates.
When i go back to licencing office im told that because of the weight class of the truck the plates must be black. Furthermore, since i have the the extended cab and its a 4X4, the province must issue black plates.
I then ask for for some kind of document i can take to city hall, none are available, only on the internet, wich they do not have the url for.
I go back to city hall and tell them my story, since its friday + end of the month the lineup is now at least 100 people.

I was very quickly told they cant do anything, and they are cracking down on people like me!

And this my friends, is i spent my friday afternoon, and after telling my story im not feeling any better.....im so FVKC!V!G PISSED OFF!!!!

Make an apointment with a JP.(Magistrate) and go to the licencing office one more time
Make a note of the person's name who serves you.

Go back to city hall and try to get your permit (again make note of the person's name)

You don't need the whole name just the first name on the nametag is enough.

when you handed the same bullshit - just make note of the time and date - and the first time you went down.

Go to the magistrate (Justice of the peace) and explain. Usually they'll issue a bench order allowing you to get your permit.

I went through something similar with out of province insurance and a small accident in manitoba. Was handed 3 stories with the beauraucrats working in city hall/licenecing. I took names-times & dates, Then off to the Justice of the Peace. I got my issue sorted out within 3 minutes. cost me 25 bucks court fees but the problem was solved.

Posted Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 4:11 pm
This is funny, i went in today (monday) with the same paperwork and was out on 5 minutes with the flacking permit!! Another guy was there and i asked what was the deal on friday, he said "that guy just didnt know what he was talking about".

I guess the city of Toronto does not interview people to see if they are competent. But when they want more money..........

Posted Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 6:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)