Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: I NEED YOUR HELP

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hey guys,

well its me again, only this time, i have nearly tried everything and running out of ideas...

Setup:
Toshbia s4384
intel core 2 duo processor
2 gigs of ram
160gb harddrive

vdj 5rev5,

i use this laptop for video mixing and for vdj mixing, why do i keep hearing pops, jittery watery sounds?

i have adjusted the settings in the latency, i have messed with the options and perofrmances,

does the edition of vdj matteR? i know wheni had 4.3 i had no problems, now 5rev5 is giving me lots of problems,

can anyone help me out please?

Posted Tue 27 Nov 07 @ 7:06 am
What sound card are you using? Do you get these pops when doing audio only?

Posted Tue 27 Nov 07 @ 8:33 am
Well my actual setup is this:

core 2 duo processor
2 gigs of ram
160gb harddrive
windows xp media center

i have two cdjs1000mk3's a numark dxm06 mixer and two vestax pdx 2000 vinyl turntables
i have the herc mk2 and the m-audio connectiv

the soundcard i use to connect my turntables is the m-audio connectiv, and is usb powered, should i get an ac adapter?

Posted Tue 27 Nov 07 @ 8:27 pm
Do you get these pops when doing audio only?

Posted Tue 27 Nov 07 @ 9:33 pm
yes just audio only

Posted Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 9:49 am
as well as video too
just video or just audio i get pops

Posted Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 9:50 am
X1LoVeRPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2006
Do you have all useless services of windows turned off ??
Is a firewall, virusscanner and/or a wireless network running ??
Whats your CPU Power if you´re running VDJ ??
How are your settings in Performance? Mastertempo set to "Simple" (or "fastest" or something like that)

Posted Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 11:40 am
Do you have both soundcards pluged in at the same time.

Posted Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 7:25 pm
So when running Vdj I should have the firewall and the antivirus not running in the background?

Well I did what the forums said and check the IRQs and yes there were more than one 16 and one 18 and so i tried disabling them, but it did nothing, and so i just reformatted my entire drive, i saved the database files, and loaded vdj up again and i haven't upgraded to vdj5rev5 yet, in hopes that since my laptop is brand new again from the reformat i dont have alot of stuff on yet, but to answer fatkatz question yes before i did the reformat i was running both herc mk2 and m-audio connectiv at the same time in vdj. but what i did was test out between just using the m-audio connectiv and that didn't work. So i'm going to try again just from using the vdj 4.2 instead of 5rev 5 and see how this works. also i burned both versions of timecode and see if that might make any difference.

also, what do you guys suggest? i belive that i'm running another programs in the background. i will try testing it with everything connected then without everything connected and post the results from the windows task manager as far as usage,

i hope this works guys, lol, i have been so frustrated the last few weeks, that i'm not wanting to conform to serato of all programs since i been using vdj since 3.4 lol,

i'll repost what i see from the reformatted drive.

Posted Thu 29 Nov 07 @ 12:15 am
Are you running VDJ on a single core? I seem to remember that problems may arise unless you change this in task manager...I can't remember how, but it is in the forums ;)

Posted Thu 29 Nov 07 @ 8:13 am
Ok here are my results.

1. Changing the IRQS does nothing.
2. Turning my nic card off does nothing.
3. Used a powered ac adapter.
4. preset fader is on fastest under performances. "safe mode and overclocked is unticked" still pops and jittery sounds continue with safe mode and overclocked ticked and unticked.
5. latency was set to auto
6. under the m-audio connectiv the latency was set to 128, then tried the hightest, and still pops arise.
7. I set the ak97realtek laptop soundcard in the sound options. nothing..

The only other thing I can think of is what disc jockey and the vip member was saying, and thats if i'm running background applications..

this is my msn messenger screename : jcflores1@msn.com

PLEASE HELP, lol, I'm getting very frustrated with this problem as I would like to be the first dj in my city to use vdj with me everywhere while my foes are using serato.

IF you have msn messenger maybe you guys can remote assistance me, ? Much appreciated guys, and hope to hear from you soon.

Also to disc jockey, what do you mean by the question? My laptops processor is a core 2 duo processer, so i am running vdj on a core 2 duo, instead of a single core. or is there an option to change that?

Also, if you any of you have paypal, I will wire you money to fix this issue if you can remote assistance me andthings work out, i am a man of my word. I really want this fixed.

Will VDJ 5.1 have a strong tccd capibility? It seems that serato is alot more basic and will work at all times while vdj is having problems with those background sounds.

And I'm a BIG FAN of VDJ.

please let me know,

JC FLORES

Posted Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 5:36 pm
Open vdj and before u do anything hit CTRL+ALT+DEL, go to processes and find Virtual dj, Right click it and go to Set Affinity, there you will see CPU 1 and CPU 2 or it may be 0 and 1 just unckeck one of those checks.

Posted Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 6:20 pm
alright cobrian, i have tried untickin 0 then unticking 1 and nothing happens, there are still pops coming out of the sound,

from my task manager there is 71 processes and cpu usage is passing no more than 12-22%

any suggestions
?

Posted Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 9:34 pm
You should have only one sound card enabled, at a time. Two questions. Do you get these sounds if you use the battery? Do you get these sounds if you untick hardware acceleration? Test each sound card separately.

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 1:13 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)