Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Using VDJ as DMX controller

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

gulkerPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi All,

I first want to thank the development team and the staff for bringing the VDJ to this level. I am loving it. Thank you all, good job.

I have a question about using VDJ as a DMX controller. I know if I use VDJ itself, (play the song in it and use the effects) it works wonderfully. I was wondering, for example, play on an external CD player, route the input into VDJ and apply the beats to the Video effects. I am not sure if it is even possible.

Thought I would ask.

Thanks for your help

Posted Sun 25 Nov 07 @ 12:33 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
vdj supports the siudi dmx interface and has a list of programs you can use

do a search for dmx and you will see more information about this

if you want more advanced dmx control i would recommend you use an external app

Posted Sun 25 Nov 07 @ 12:57 am
gulkerPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I did search the forum before I pose the question.

I saw that you can use VDJ as the sound generator and feed the DMX program from it.

What I wanted to achive was to play music at an external source (not playing VDJ) and use the input of the sound card, feed into VDJ and use VDJ as DMX program.

To be clearer, If I play with 2 PCs with VDJ on it, I play music with one, use the input on the second PC into VDJ and use the Visual effects, clipbank, Sonic effects etc.
This way, if I play with 2 dj friends of mine I can route the main output from the mixer into the second VDJ software to use the effects. etc. Not just for controlling the lights
I am after the video clips and effects.

As you can see what I wanted to do (again it may not be possible) reverse of what you are saying basically.

May be I did not explain it well.

Cheers,

Jack

Posted Sun 25 Nov 07 @ 1:21 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)