Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Dev Team!!>>video / audio jump cues for those annoying talking parts

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DEV Team, I beg of you to implement a cue point jump option, where you can set a jump in, and jump out point in a video and save it.. then say when you play sexyback, you can put the jump in right before he looks in the window and sees the tape on the door is broken, then put the out point right before it says "you ready?" after the explosion. when you play the video from now on, it will simply jump over that part of the video.

you could simply make a regular cue point right clickable with an option menu. Static, Jump, or loop. it would alsobe cool to set a loop point where it automatically enters a loop at a designated cue point. this would make mixing even more interesting... I mean how many times do you miss a mix point in a new song you don't know inside out yet? You can always set a cue point as a visual cue, but I think auto loop would be easier...

I'm interested to see If I get a response on this..

it would be nice to fix your videos once non-destructively, and for get it from then on out..

I as of now, simply create hot cues, and do this manually when there's a big talking break or something in a video...

Posted Sat 24 Nov 07 @ 10:52 am
I wish VDJ would straight up add an Ableton Live style alternate screen (sequencer) where you have automation tracks where every fader movement, song load etc are stored and can be replayed and adjusted later etc. Why save the mix as .wav which take a ton of space and doesn't allow going back to change things if you didn't like it the next day if you could just copy all the played songs into one folder along with automation recording file (very small) then say load up that in Live for further processing?

My current process is to throw VDJ away and do the entire mix in Live if there's any issues in the songs that require editing so they blend better.

Posted Sat 24 Nov 07 @ 11:32 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Yup, I'm with steve on this one.... jumps and loops stored as cue points would be very useful. Example.... Run DMC vs Aerosmith: when the final chorus is done with, you could set it to jump to the beginning of the song and loop the first 8 beats while you mix something else in... sweet!

Posted Sat 24 Nov 07 @ 1:37 pm
this is one of the main reasons smashvidz.com was created.

if theres a any request for certain videos to be edited or making a extended version of it, you can e-mail the admin smashvidz@gmail.com I'm sure they'll make it happen.

I give all the big wigs about 3 years before they start doing this. Its the normal big wig lateness.

a feature in vdj like this would be cool to have but....might as well just cut it out entirely because you'll never need it.

Posted Sat 24 Nov 07 @ 6:50 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)