Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Youtube of DJ Reminise (Whats the button he keeps pressing????)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

K, so after watching the video about 5 times (Awesome scratching BTW) I noticed that hes only using one turntable, and after droping the beat, or word that hes scratching, he presses a button that i guess, mirrors the other side??? I don't know how to explain it, but just watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9PCNaE1AL0&eurl=http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/55342/General_Discussion/Video_Demonstrations_of_Virtual_DJ.html

How is he doing that? and why does it always go to the same side of the crossfader?

Posted Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 7:49 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Tough telling what he's has programmed on the shortcut. I've never done a set like that using only one turntable so I'm just guessing but I'm guessing he's switching the active deck. It could be cue points as well.

Posted Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 8:49 pm
K, so i'm doing some snooping in the shortcuts, and found "Clone Deck"

Problem is, when I hit the key, "F" for example, side 2 will do exactly what side 1 is doing, but its behind by like a 1/4 beat or so, so its not ON like exactly on. I dont get it.

Posted Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 9:35 pm
Looks like he has everything set up in quick keys. So he may be hitting clone then loop which might be next the clone key for easy access. If you noticed that every song was loaded on both decks for scratching his samples so all he had to was hit the cue point. Then hit the next song in playlist. Clone it / cue point then scratch... just my observation... I'm doing similar thing with my setup.

I place colored stickers on different functioned keys so i can quick glance down and know the area I should move in... My keyboard is about a foot or more aware from controls so I need a sight reference.

every weak I love VDJ even more because of ease of use.

Posted Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 11:17 pm
It looks to me like me might be swapping the decks each time he presses whatever it is he's pressing. Thus retarting the same song on the opposite deck. You might want to post this question under that video in youtube.. He seems to be responding to all his comments.

Posted Tue 20 Nov 07 @ 1:36 am
How do you swap decks?? whats the short cut called???

Posted Tue 20 Nov 07 @ 7:53 am
X1LoVeRPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2006
Another explanation would be, he is select one turntable in the soundconfig.
If you select the deck with the Tap key on your keyboard, then you jump on the deck what you want to control.

Posted Tue 20 Nov 07 @ 10:26 am
The Same thing The TAB key does now

Posted Tue 20 Nov 07 @ 6:44 pm
Ok, but what i'm saying is, that lets say he programed in, what looks like down, and right.

when I press those 2 (I have them as g and h for test purposes) it will swap decks, and clone the other deck, BUT theres like seriously a half beat off timing difference, and theres no value to help change it. from the looks of it, he presses the buttons, and still leaves the fader in the middle. If all he was doing was deck swap, and clone deck, then I would hear exactly what I do, and that is a gap in the beats. Theres something else that hes doin......

PS WAIT A SEC......

I just noticed something also, that may be of help. Look at his timecodes. Everytime that he presses what ever he presses, like when he is scratching the begining beat of de-la-soul, it always comes back to the same position. THat means that thhere has to be something else going on here, cause the gap that i'm experiencing wouldn't happen in his case, the timecodes would reflect the new change in position of the timeline, but in his case, they stay even the whole time.... More to be seen here than meets the eye....

Posted Tue 20 Nov 07 @ 8:31 pm
He's probably online laughing at us thinking to himself how simple his secret really is.

Posted Tue 20 Nov 07 @ 8:58 pm
Hahahhaa, yea probably. Well anyways, I posted on his youtube, lets see if he replys..

Posted Tue 20 Nov 07 @ 9:46 pm
shot dj reminise - represent new zealand djs! to listen to him live go to niufm.com around 1pm weekdays new zealand time - he plays old skool joints.

Posted Tue 20 Nov 07 @ 9:54 pm
I wanted to watch this but can't, this bring's me onto another issue! why do some youtube vid's play ok and others don't? it dos'nt seem to make any diffrence as to what computer you use as I tryed with the latest macbook pro also.

Posted Tue 20 Nov 07 @ 10:31 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Very funny thread. I am too intrigued by the magical button. I noticed, like Jimmy that it always brings him back to the beat he's scratching...or at least that was my latest taking watching it. That could be cue, clone deck, active deck shortcut. I haven't messed with the 1 TT active deck shortcut stuff yet. He is probably laughing at us. Hey fella, give up the secret :)

Posted Tue 20 Nov 07 @ 11:09 pm
ok here is the secret:

clone deck and active deck

now for those thinking this is impossible notice how he always brings the vinyl back in order to catch that last beat that just played.

I have done this in the past when I was waiting for my 2nd TT to arrive

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Posted Thu 22 Nov 07 @ 2:41 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)