Forum: General Discussion - Topic: radio streaming

Discussions about VirtualDJ, and about DJing in general*
This a general discussion forum, please be polite and speak with respect. Before posting, please read the forum rules and FAQ. If you are experiencing technical issues or protection errors please contact Service Support.

(*) The moderators hold the rights to move or modify posts in order to keep the discussions clear or to facilitate the search.
Unlicensed users cannot write personal Email, Facebook, Skype, Phone number or any other personal contact details in the forum.
VirtualDJ forums
General Discussion
radio streaming

Author - Topic: radio streaming -

DJ_JD100
Home user
Member since 2007

Posted Sun 18 Nov 07 @ 9:25 pm
how do i get radio to work so might mates on other pcs can listen to it even if they havnt got virtual dj becuase i get given the link http://82.34.75.175:8000/virtualdj.ogg but wen i go on that it comes up with box open or save it doesnt live stream it

sbangs
PRO Infinity
Member since 2004

Posted Sun 18 Nov 07 @ 9:46 pm

DJ_JD100
Home user
Member since 2007

Posted Sun 18 Nov 07 @ 9:55 pm
i dont understand any of that heres what im doing im clickin record on broadcast i clik on config and it says ice cast ogg or wotever heres the link http://82.34.75.175:8000/virtualdj.ogg wen i hav it runnin and go on the link all it says it open or save u clik one of them and u cant here nothing it just shows a transfere or a file

DJ_JD100
Home user
Member since 2007

Posted Sun 18 Nov 07 @ 10:18 pm
ive been reading that info opened port 8000 but i cant set my encoder as there is not one in the virtual dj files and i tried downloading that lame one and puttin the link to that and it still wont work

funkturnal
PRO Infinity
Member since 2006

Posted Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 3:37 am
I've never understood icecast. Just use shoutcast & be done with it. I run cheap servers if you need one. For $20 a month you get 25 listeners @ 128k & private phone support ;)

sbangs
PRO Infinity
Member since 2004

Posted Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 1:48 pm
DJ_JD100 wrote :
ive been reading that info opened port 8000 but i cant set my encoder as there is not one in the virtual dj files and i tried downloading that lame one and puttin the link to that and it still wont work

download and extract this

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Lame_Encoder.htm into

C:/programfiles/virtualdj

DJ_JD100
Home user
Member since 2007

Posted Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 8:05 pm
its all workin fine thanks now one more question how do i change the name of the radio or wotever so it isnt long like 82.34 etc???

DJ_JD100
Home user
Member since 2007

Posted Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 8:07 pm
also wen i switch from deck a to deck b it changed on the radio aswell

sbangs
PRO Infinity
Member since 2004

Posted Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 8:22 pm
that is a possibility for pro users :) using a tool in the download section

DJ_JD100
Home user
Member since 2007

Posted Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 9:34 pm
huh??

funkturnal
PRO Infinity
Member since 2006

Posted Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 10:09 pm
i guess what sky means is when u have a pro edition u can change the station name etc. but i really wouldn't know because I never owned home edition.

Dj Playboy6eX
Home user
Member since 2008

Posted Mon 16 Feb 09 @ 10:17 pm
Hey Guys! I Understand Abbout Streaming Radio and stuff's Ive had Problems in the Begining Trying to Figure it out! but now its ok! i stream to my frends no Problem! But I have Another Problem!!!!!!!!!!
----> How do I' Change that Name! like http://81..99.234.XX:8800/VirtualDJ.ogg <--- That "VirtualDj" Can Be change it?Local Host Streaming! not Server Streaming!
Please help
Contact at XXXXXXX

No email or contact from no license user. Thanks for understanding - spinna

ramanio13
Home user
Member since 2008

Posted Thu 03 Sep 09 @ 4:29 am
Every Time I try to Broadcast. When I open the link it tells me that there is an error/not responding/busy. My friends Can't open it Either. Can someone tell my how or if i am doing it properly please, Cause I am a New DJ and I wanna get out there.

tayla
PRO Infinity
Member since 2007

Posted Thu 03 Sep 09 @ 5:41 am
try the radio forums the guys have an awful lot of experience that they can pass onto to you.

DJ EMVDUB
PRO Infinity
Member since 2010

Posted Tue 26 Oct 10 @ 4:00 pm
hello i'm having problems with brodcasting. i try to go to the site that is on there. And it does'nt go.