Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 5.0 rev 5 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

has been totally stable , very solid , lotsa heavy use at strip clubs and mobile

Posted Sat 17 Nov 07 @ 5:05 pm
totally agree with ya chuck :) woks just fiiine :) although I got scared that it would freeze during song load..but I guess it´s just my at the moment crappy laptop:P

Posted Sun 18 Nov 07 @ 10:13 am
sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Instead for me the 5.0 rev 5 is too much instable.
I've a lot of crash since when it's go out the 5 version:-(

Posted Sun 18 Nov 07 @ 11:04 am
Well ive been using the clubs copy of vdj 5.05 for a week now. I have to say this, its very stable and a great program. I have only had a few things happen while ive been using it. One thing that is annoying is if you search a song and grab it with the mouse then let it go and your in a virtual folder while u do a search, it drops it in that folder, when all u want to do is just let it go. I have had the freeze the the above has talked about many times but that is a vista issue i belive with external harddrives that spin down when not being used for awhile, but this freeze does not effect playback so i do not worry about that. Also one other annoying thing, when u go to add a song from the playlist to a virtual folder, if it is the virtual folder your dropping in that u searched from the search dissapears. A minor bug but an annoyment, making you have to search again!

Automix seems to work great, though it would still be nice to be able to see the second track analyzed somewhere. So i miss 2 deck but one deck works flawlessly.

Another minor bug. Some songs that are put into a virtual folder, will not come up in the search anymore, but they are in the virtual folder. For instance i have Timbaland - Apologize (Club Remix) in dance virtual folder, if i do a search for apologize whether in that virtual folder or just a search in general that particular version will not come up at all. But i can go to the Vfolder and see it there manually scrolling down. This is not with all the songs but with a handful. Maybe it is because i have such a large library?? over 90,000?? i don't remember it doing it when i had around 60,000 scanned in.

As far as crashes, ive had one in the almost 2 weeks ive been using r.05. I wasn't doing anything particular that i can remember but just scrolling through the browser. I will have to go back on the Clubs house computer and get the error code the next night i am at work.

As far as features, can't wait to see sub virtual folders for storing dancer folders and club folders and what not. (I am a strip club dj). Also the ability to drag the vfolders and filter folders up and down instead of right clicking and hitting move up or down would be a bigger convenience!

DJ Babylon

Posted Sun 18 Nov 07 @ 11:38 am
The above was suppose to state "For Over A week Now" but whatever LOL

also one more thing ive noticed. some tracks are not playing or previewing now, that have never been moved from its original area or been tampered with that have played before. If just running a dB fix on the particular drive will fix it that will be nice, but haven't tried yet. Like i said though, its not alot of tracks but a few that i know ive played before, just curiously not playing, but if i drag from explorer into vdj they work. Even in the file info in vdj the path points to where i get the track from explorer.

Posted Sun 18 Nov 07 @ 11:45 am
when i was having some problems i narrowed it down to two things and then eliminated those items .....they were ........Trend Micro PCCillin , i can't use it while playing music , so i turn it off and use Alwil by Avast as the anti virus when playing

the other problem was i was still using Cstoll's xml tool which isn't needed any longer .....you might have noticed the save database (on the fly) keyboard shortcut is gone also .... not needed

ever since i deleted the xml tool , none of my virtual folders go missing .......

Posted Sun 18 Nov 07 @ 2:37 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I havent had the chance to play with vdj lately because my laptop is getting fixed but I got a loaner for the weekend and I gotta say I was impressed.

Installed vdj 5.0 rev 5 and thought I would have to recalculate my bpm's and add virtual folders again but as soon as I plugged my external drive in it recognised everything. Made the transition of using another laptop real easy with the database being automatically saved on my external.

I used it at a gig on the weekend and didnt have any problems except that my midi signals from my nuo4 stopped working. I think this is a problem with the cable connection though because my usb connector is hard up against my coffin (i need right angle connector). I bought a powered usb hub the day of my gig but it was giving me issues with the icdx units. When rewinding the platter it would sometimes activate samples and would switch decks. I'll look into it later this week.

I have the same annoyance that babylon has with the virtual deck thing. When I've done a search and dragged and dropped a song to my v folder it jumps to the v folder and displays its contents, thus losing the results of my search. Real pain!

Other than that I'm happy as larry. I'll test it more this week. If anyone got tips about the hub.. feel free to help a brother :)

Posted Sun 18 Nov 07 @ 11:24 pm
glad it's working well

i've had the jumping the v folder thing also

Posted Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 1:33 am
havn't had one crash with it or any sound issue. V 5.05 FTMFW!

Posted Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 2:02 am
gang5taHome userMember since 2007
cues mysteriously disappear.
im still trying to find out the exact science of them disappearing.

Posted Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 4:50 am
Been happy with V5 since making the switch.

Posted Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 5:39 am
I had alot of problems with rev5, but i found that the problem was with the boggis DMC2 1.2 mapper. After it was deleted there hasn't been a single crash... and i've tried real hard to do it

Posted Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 8:40 am
Hi, how do you delete the DMC2 1.2 mapper. ive searched for a file called that, cant find it.

Posted Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 1:22 pm
The crash in DMC-2 mapper v1.2 only occurs if you use automix and browse folders while a transition from one song to the next is taking place. The cause of this has now been found, so a fix should be available very soon. If you don't use automix or leave it unattended, you should not have any problems.

Posted Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 6:55 pm
djdave01 wrote :
Hi, how do you delete the DMC2 1.2 mapper. ive searched for a file called that, cant find it.

The DMC-2 mapper is an optional add-on available to registered users. If you haven't installed it, this file will not be present.

Posted Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 6:57 pm
jpboggis wrote :
The crash in DMC-2 mapper v1.2 only occurs if you use automix and browse folders while a transition from one song to the next is taking place. The cause of this has now been found, so a fix should be available very soon. If you don't use automix or leave it unattended, you should not have any problems.

Actually. when i had the mapper installed, it would crash mid song sometime when i'm not even touching the mouse

Posted Tue 20 Nov 07 @ 12:57 am
Thanks for the info on the mapper file. Wonder why the version i am trying crashed then. I was trying it out at a gig. all i was was doing was playing a song, and using the 'search' to get the next track, when it crashed. I have no external controllers and i wasnt using video. I have a usb mouse and a external hard drive attached.

Posted Tue 20 Nov 07 @ 11:43 am
DJ Mad Maxx wrote :
Actually. when i had the mapper installed, it would crash mid song sometime when i'm not even touching the mouse

If you had automix enabled, it could have been caused by the same problem. I can get it to occur every time if a I browse folders while a transition is taking place with automix enabled. The cause of this has now been found and it's now hopefully fixed in an update to the mapper that's currently being tested.

I've not had any problems at all using it for normal mixing (I don't use automix), and in my attempts to trigger the crash, I ran VDJ for 7+ hours unattended in automix without problems. It's only when I started doing things in VDJ with automix enabled that I could get it to crash, which I eventually narrowed down to folders (Specifically browsing from a virtual folder to an favourite folder that contains subfolders only causes it to crash without fail.)

The mapper querying the automix deck seems to cause this problem (Something that was added recently to the mapper to enable it to work correctly with the new single deck automix.)

If you have found another way to cause it to crash with the mapper enabled, please let me know how so I can check it's not still a problem.

An update to the mapper should be available soon.

Posted Tue 20 Nov 07 @ 6:48 pm
I've had rather good luck with rev5 so far. I've tried many different ways to crash it, but it keeps on going;)

Posted Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 6:00 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
discjockeydoc wrote :
I've had rather good luck with rev5 so far. I've tried many different ways to crash it, but it keeps on going;)

So can you copy the data of your "crashguard report.txt" file here please

Posted Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 11:15 pm
91%