Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: behringer board almost here! - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Posted Fri 16 Nov 07 @ 6:42 am
pretty cheap, i don't think the faders will last well if you're a scratch dj

Posted Fri 16 Nov 07 @ 7:00 am
shit....that what u would assume...but the board i had never bled. not the best fader in the world....but shit in a club a full midi board...yea i'll skip the scratch off.

Posted Fri 16 Nov 07 @ 7:03 am
Great entry level hardware midi mixer, especially at under $400. =)

It'll be better than my software midi Total Control running through a standard 2 channel mixer for lack of a soundcard in the Total Control.

Thanks for the update Funk! ;)

Twiz - be nice. =P

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

Posted Fri 16 Nov 07 @ 7:12 am
It looks good but you need the usb/midi converter to connect it to the pc.

Posted Fri 16 Nov 07 @ 6:05 pm
looks that way. I don't mind 20 bucks for a converter vs $1000 for a board that has usb ;)

Posted Fri 16 Nov 07 @ 6:11 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Why do people have major problems with the cheaper equipment, I believe if you look after it it will serve you well, whatever you paid for it.

That behringer does look good.

Jimmy b

Posted Fri 16 Nov 07 @ 6:17 pm
jimmy b wrote :
Why do people have major problems with the cheaper equipment, I believe if you look after it it will serve you well, whatever you paid for it.

I agree with you.

Posted Fri 16 Nov 07 @ 6:20 pm
manquin_dj wrote :
jimmy b wrote :

I agree with you.

me too

Posted Tue 20 Nov 07 @ 3:45 pm
jimmy b wrote :

That behringer does look good.

Jimmy b

C'mon guys, let's try to stick to reality. A cheap suit looks pretty good on the rack, but after you clean it, it looks like shit. I don't know about you, but there is a reason I don't wear cheap shoes or clothes, quality. Just because it looks good on the outside, does not mean quality on the inside. Ever wonder why their equipment looks just like others? They have never had an original idea, in their lives.

Now if you want to talk yourself into thinking you are getting the same quality, that is fine with me. You don't have to prove anything to me. Just don't try to make me think, there's no difference. You can buy a Rolex on the streets of NY for $200.00, but guess what? IT'S A FAKE. Come to think of it, that RuPaul looks real good.

You know, I like my hookers to have all their teeth, a fresh shave, and a bath, so I pay more than $10.00.

Posted Tue 20 Nov 07 @ 8:57 pm

There is a difference, of course there is, but all I'm saying is people buy what they can afford, I would love to go out and buy a £600 mixer, but I can't so I have to settle with a £200 mixer, it might not have the bells and whistle of the expensive mixer, but it does it does the same job.

Now I've work in a electronic factory, in my younger days, where we put together 2 makes of amps. One sold for £100 and the other sold for £400. Now the internals were the same, the build quaility and sound was the same but because one had a brand name on it, it was more expensive.

Jimmy b

Posted Tue 20 Nov 07 @ 9:36 pm
jimmy b wrote :

There is a difference, of course there is, but all I'm saying is people buy what they can afford, I would love to go out and buy a £600 mixer, but I can't so I have to settle with a £200 mixer, it might not have the bells and whistle of the expensive mixer, but it does it does the same job.

Now I've work in a electronic factory, in my younger days, where we put together 2 makes of amps. One sold for £100 and the other sold for £400. Now the internals were the same, the build quaility and sound was the same but because one had a brand name on it, it was more expensive.

Jimmy b

Jimmy, I agree with you. That's why it's a good thing to have $10.00 hookers, because that's all some guys can afford. Me, I spend the extra $5.00, so I can at least close one eye.

Posted Tue 20 Nov 07 @ 10:02 pm

A Man and His music, you make me laugh, nice one dude.

Jimmy b

Posted Tue 20 Nov 07 @ 11:44 pm
Had someone tell me this today. I think it applies:

"If you treat it like gold - even if it's made out of tin; Then you'll get you're monies worth."

We were talking about lighting but I think it applys

Posted Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 12:55 am
either this or the km402 for me...who knows?

Posted Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 1:31 am
DJ Marcel_1 wrote :
Had someone tell me this today. I think it applies:

"If you treat it like gold - even if it's made out of tin; Then you'll get you're monies worth."

We were talking about lighting but I think it applys

Lies, lies, lies. You will just have a piece of tin, that you treated well. Here's how to put that to the test. Buy your women a tin ring, with a piece of cut glass, for a stone. Give it to her for Christmas, and tell her that saying, about how well you treated it. Let me know how that turns out for you. If you think you are having a hard time now, wait till she shows her girlfriends.

Your honor, my client would like to plead guilty to believing some bullshit, that someone told him. He had a few of those Canadian beers, the music was loud, and he lost his mind for a minute.

Posted Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 9:00 am
Jimmy B

I have to agree with you in part. Having had the guts out of somes eletronics under the Sony name i have found them to be the same as their cheaper neighbours. Same parts, cheaper labour, but a higher mark up price. Always best to make an informed opinion. I have been using a Berhinger mixer for three years and hasn't let me down, however having a new baby today although a different make and alot more cash.

Posted Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 11:01 am
Hell i had an old ROSS mixer for 15 years and it lasted all that time with no problems till it was jsut time to put it away. and i treated it like sh*tbut it never let me down when it counted.

Posted Thu 22 Nov 07 @ 1:22 am
Behringer is what it is. If you use your own equipment, it is ok. If it's to be installed in a club, where a lot of DJ's who don't OWN that mixer will use it, it can't take the beating it will get as well as, say, a Pioneer. In my experience with Behringer, only the faders showed a lower than average quality, the VCA ones never leaked, but got worn out fairly quickly (a year and a half). The knobs actually feels very solid, and performs very well. The sound quality is ok, but not great. For the price, Behringer gives a lot of bang for the buck, no doubt.

Oh, and just for the record: Daft Punk use two Behrningers for their ONLY midi controllers in their live-shows. Anyone who've experienced their insane live-show know that that's not an UNproffessional event. If Behringer's build quality is good enough for Thomas and Guy-Man, it should be good enough for a lot of users on these boards.

Posted Thu 22 Nov 07 @ 1:46 am
DJs and performers using a particular brand of equipment, and you were actually able to tell which brand it was. Hmmm, that gives me an idea. Why don't we pay an artist to use our equipment, then everyone will think it's cool. No, that would never work, because artist are ethical, and would never sell themselves. What if we sponsor their shows, and give them all the equipment they want, and make them our worldwide spokesmen? No, no, no, you don't get it. DJs are all about the music, ambiance, the mix, the purity of the sound. They don't care about money, drugs and sex.

This is how it goes down. Their agent (that's right, all of these guys have agents) calls them and says; "I just got off the phone with Behringer, and they are gonna give you $200,000, sponsor a worldwide tour, you get 10% of the gross, and all the Behringer equipment you need. All you have to do is hang their banner at all the shows, show their equipment at least 4 times in every video, and demo a product at 4 all expense paid expos, during the year". They say "that's insulting, I use Technics and would never sell out, just for a few dollars". The agent says, "they will put your picture on all the print ads, and t-shirts". They say "where do I sign".

Boy, this is a great idea. I'm glad I thought of this.

Posted Thu 22 Nov 07 @ 9:32 am
91%