Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Is it possible to use a WINAMP visualization plugin using VDJ??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Theres a SICK visualization that I just fell in love with, but I want it to react to what i'm doing in VDJ. Would I have to somehow have to get winamp to "listen" to VDJ an have it react to what i'm doing in VDJ, or is there a way to straight up plug it into vdj somehow?

Posted Fri 16 Nov 07 @ 1:18 am
funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
I have asked this a while back and the answer was no...someone needs to make a pluging to allow them to work with vdj....winamp has alot of sweet plugins (at least a few years back they did, sure they have better ones out now).

Posted Fri 16 Nov 07 @ 2:09 am
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
It was possible in AtomixMP3...

Posted Fri 16 Nov 07 @ 12:09 pm
Right now Im waiting to see the results of the navite support for Denon gear with VDJ to buy both of them (denon and VDJ). I will use it only for mixing videos, but I have many music with no video, my question is:

Is there a Kaleidoscope plug in or something alike to visualize some mp3 music to display on projectors? or text? or randomize pics show?

Posted Fri 16 Nov 07 @ 6:46 pm
You could broadcast a shoutcast stream using VirtualDJ and tune into it using Winamp http://localhost:8000 and mute Winamps volume but output the visualizations to a seperate screen. This would work but the visualization (MilkDrop is my favourite plug-in) will always be about half a second out-of-sync with the audio, which sort of loses some of the effect of a beat aware plugin.

Posted Sat 17 Nov 07 @ 9:58 pm
RicardoM wrote :
Right now Im waiting to see the results of the navite support for Denon gear with VDJ to buy both of them (denon and VDJ). I will use it only for mixing videos, but I have many music with no video, my question is:

Is there a Kaleidoscope plug in or something alike to visualize some mp3 music to display on projectors? or text? or randomize pics show?

you can do almost anything with vdj.

video out: yes (window or 2nd monitor)

text: yes
on top of the visual effect/video
with text2d you can even display moving text and time at any location of the screen.

randomize pics show: yes
slide show. i use this feature allot on a 2nd laptop. take out the camera, take pictures, add picture to the folder. have vdj show these pictures randomly, and... display the time, my name, contact info, and visual effects. all with vdj.

i kid you not, vdj is the best.

DJ Shahar
www.djshahar.com

Posted Sun 18 Nov 07 @ 12:06 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)