Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: please new dj needs help with timecoded vinyl setup! - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

i bought the dj in a box package from numark and i have a usb mixer, i bought 2 virtual dj timecoded vinyls and i also have a maya 44 usb. i wish to be able to control my music from the computer through the virtual dj software by using the timecoded vinyls on my turntables. i have plugged in the rca cables from the turntables into the analog inputs 1,2 for the left turntable and 3,4 for the right turntable. then i have 2 rca cables from the mixer for left and right into the 4 analog outputs in the maya 44. i then plugged the maya usb into the computer and i opened virtual dj and i still get the error in asio sound card when i try to config?
please need help! im pretty sure i spent lots of money onto the things that i needed to buy but i jsut cant get it to work!
thanks!

Posted Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 2:52 am
Ok, you did install the latest drivers for your maya 44 right?? Make sure your have your maya 44 hooked up correctly to the usb connection where you installed the maya. From now on you will always have to hook your maya to that one specific USB plugin. Now your turntables RCA should being into "IN" portion then you should have another set of RCA going out from your maya to your mixer. Also, do you have a cracked version??? Or have you ever?? If that's the case, let me lay into you before anyone else does "if you like the software, please support it and purchase the full version" Also by using a cracked version, this will prevent you from entering the pearly gates of heaven. Ok enough of that. What OS are you running? Also it might benefit you to just do a fresh reinstall of the software. maybe that will help. Good luck brotha!!

Posted Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 6:40 am
hi, i am running windows xp. and yes i have the rca cables from the turntables in the analog in section. my left turntable is in 1 and 2 and my right one is in 3 and 4. then i have another 2 sets of rca cables running from analog 1,2 and 3,4 into my mixer? i am just using the trial version of virtual dj just because i wanted to try it out, but i am more then willing the buy the real version except right now i am unable to get my timecoded vinyls to work? once it is working i will buy the full version, but i am not sure why it wont work?

i have downloaded the latest drivers for the maya 44 also? under config and sound card config i do get the maya 44 usb option now, but when i click config for timecodes and click auto config i get 0% timecode quality? i think thats where my problem comes in? any suggestions?

Posted Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 5:10 pm
Well if it's showing 0% that's not really a problem as VDJ will still play music with 0%. Ok sounds like you have all the hardware setup correctly. Ok lets go step by step. Load two songs on vdj. Now under setup, make sure you have the inputs on timecode. Then external mixer, then for soundcard ASIO driver. Ok put the needle on the record, but keep the setup window open, you dont need to close it for the changes to take effect. Now normally the song should be playing, if not right next to timecode is timecode config. Click on that and hit auto config.....what happens????

Posted Fri 16 Nov 07 @ 7:59 am
i loaded 2 songs on vdj. under input i have timecodes, then external mixer, then asio sound card. i put the needle on the record but the song doesnt play. i clicked timecode config and clicked auto config. nothing happens. i still get 0%. when i go back to the virtual dj main page, if i click the tc button beside the records on the screen (which de-activates timecodes im guessing) then the songs start to play?

Posted Fri 16 Nov 07 @ 9:06 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
try push the performances to fastest n set latency auto n untick both safe mode n overclock... is it help?

Posted Fri 16 Nov 07 @ 10:10 pm
where would i find those settings?
thanks

Posted Sat 17 Nov 07 @ 12:53 am
at the config of vdj, under performances tab:)

Posted Sat 17 Nov 07 @ 9:46 am
it didnt make a difference :s

Posted Sat 17 Nov 07 @ 10:37 am
what is ur system spec? ram?

Posted Sat 17 Nov 07 @ 12:29 pm
1.7GHz, 512 MB of ram

Posted Sun 18 Nov 07 @ 1:37 am
is there any chance i didnt set up my turntables correctly? maybe thats why the virtual dj program doesnt read the timecode vinyls? also, when i change the gain or the crossfade on the mixer, they dont move on the program? is that normal?

my turntables are numark tt1610's

Posted Sun 18 Nov 07 @ 2:17 am
i jsut got the timecodes working i think, but the sound is very distorted
the sound coming out seems to be a little bit scratchy or distorted im not sure how to explain it but you should knwo what i mean. what settings should i change and how do i do it to get the best sound quality possible?
thanks!

Posted Sun 18 Nov 07 @ 2:41 am
ok.. now if u got it werking, try the above setting...to the left fastest. N it best to have at least 1 gig of ram for audio n using timecoded. N at the config of timecoded try auto config several time to have the wave look like this.

good luck;)

Posted Sun 18 Nov 07 @ 1:17 pm
so i dont have to change any settings of the maya 44 usb to get better sound quailty right? only in the config of Virtual DJ?
thanks!

Posted Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 12:11 am
also, the sound quality has nothign do with the sound card right?
does the sound quality have anything to do with my turntable? or the needle?
my turntable is a belt drive so it is a pretty low quality turntables (tt1610) numark

Posted Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 1:28 am
... or does sound quality have anything to do with the ram on my computer?

what part does the amount of ram you have play for the whole dj system?

sorry for the reposting

Posted Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 2:12 am
Sound quality have to do with everything u ask above. For audio it is good to go on 1 gb as i stated previously or if u planned to do video 2gb is good. .. ;)

Posted Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 4:55 am
from past experience, do you guys think the Maya 44 USB produces better sound or do you think the Rane Scratch Live does?

Posted Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 7:23 am
i have a alesis io2 usb audio interface and i and a gem club dj mixer all in one i need halp to play with virtuald plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz??????j

Posted Wed 15 Oct 08 @ 11:28 am
74%