Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Top VDJ's that you know of

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Just wanted to see what some of the Top Video DJ's you've witnessed. I for one have seen DJ Roone G, he did the sample for the VDJ1000 for Pioneer. This guy seems to making a name for himself. Pretty cool stuff. He's at Jet in Vegas and seems to have a lot of attention right now. Anyone else that you guys know of that is actually rocking VDJ (Virtual DJ)?

DJ names and clubs

Posted Wed 14 Nov 07 @ 6:57 am
Roonie G using the pioneer DVJ DVD turntables... as far as I know he doesn't use VDJ to mix video.

Posted Wed 14 Nov 07 @ 8:14 am
BishPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Wed 14 Nov 07 @ 1:39 pm

Posted Wed 14 Nov 07 @ 2:46 pm
if I could be frank for a minute, and not get flamed.....

DJ ROONIE G SUCKS DONKEY DICK

I went to go see him in CT (Where I live) short asian dude, seemed kinda cool when I met him, then he did his set, and it was HORRIBLE!! I wasn't impressed at all with his song choice. as a matter of fact, I left early, and cursed the fact that I went all the way to New Haven for nothing. Dude is straight GARBAGE. Can't scratch, can't mix, picks WACK ass songs, has corny ass samples that he uses to make him sound like the man, but unless he did a total 180 in the past year or year and a half, he DEF should not be on that list.

2Nd Nature could eat Ronnie G's kids f he wanted to, hes like lightyears better, no better yet, EONS....

Posted Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 10:10 pm
it all comes back to how you judge what is a good dj. Today most people seem to judge strictly on how many and how often samples and scratches are used and nobody seems to care about the programming aspect and how the crowd reacts. Most of these so called "touring" djs only only do a 60 to 90 minute set. Any reasonable programmer can rock for 60 to 90 minutes of striaght contemporary hot music....the real test is can the dj/vj rock THE SAME club's crowd making it sound different 2 to 3 nights per week for a typical 4-5 hour night.

If I sent the club my playlist in advance and told the resident djs they couldn't play anything on the list the night of my "appearance" and then I let the resident get the crowd going from 10 to 12 without playing any of the hits on my playlist and I walked in at 12 rocked all the hits for 90 straight minutes (usually the same set they did the night before and the night before that, etc for 3 months) and left the resident to clean up the last half hour then of course to the crowd I would look like a great dj too..........

Personally I like to be able to warm the crowd up for an hour or so, rock them silly for 3 hours and then do my own clean up for the last half hour or so and have the customers, managers and owners tell me I am "the best" each night playing a new set for virtually the same crowd, oh, and I do it without a single sample or scratch.........just great programming, smooth mixing and experience that comes from actually being a Dj and not just a digital "technologist"

Posted Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 11:27 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

And Me,

not one for blowing my own trumpet, lol

Jimmy b

Posted Fri 16 Nov 07 @ 1:07 am
I'll agree with a few things here. Roonie G is straight garbage as a DJ in all things that you would judge a DJ by, number one being song selection and rocking the crowd in front of you. His show is pretty much straight gimmicks and trickery. I'll challenge the assumption that Coldcut uses VDJ as their primary video tool, or even as a prominent tool in their show. Yes I know they are users of VDJ, as evidenced by their VIP membership here.

That being said, Jordan Laws, Kris P. are both dope video DJs holding it down at some rather high profile spots and not to mention coming with some of the best video remixes and edits I've seen. Same goes for D-Twizzle up in Seattle or wherever he's from.

Posted Fri 16 Nov 07 @ 9:27 pm
henrykalama wrote :

IN AFRICA KENYA THERE ARE

HOMEBOYZ DJ'S (H20)
XTREEM MUSIC VIDEOS

Do these guys really use VDJ or do they use DVJ DVD turntables?

Posted Fri 16 Nov 07 @ 11:40 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
ouch I hit my leg on the setup :) bump. Interesting topic.

Posted Sun 18 Nov 07 @ 2:22 am
djfsPRO InfinityMember since 2007
dj 2nd nature is the only one i've really seen

thumbs up for him.

Posted Sun 18 Nov 07 @ 11:51 pm
I dont like to brag on myself but i will this time only. i only use vdj thats it and i rock the crowd 4 hours straight 4 nights a week nonstop for the last couple of years if your ever in Pa Harrisburg area guys please check out my show. Ive been using vdj since it came out run on a pc at 1 club and at my other club i run a dual mac setup with vdj on both it runs flawlessly you can check out my website at: www.clemproductions.com

Posted Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 8:19 pm
anewsome wrote :

I'll challenge the assumption that Coldcut uses VDJ as their primary video tool, or even as a prominent tool in their show. Yes I know they are users of VDJ, as evidenced by their VIP membership here.

Coldcut ONLY uses VDJ on their show ;) Nothing else! ;) controlled by trigger pads and timecode...

I've even been on stage with them... And Coldcut has also posted about this being so :)
They use premade cued sample videos to acheive their amasing shows.

And there are QUITE A FEW more famous djs using VDJ now, a presentation of them will come very shortly...

Posted Tue 20 Nov 07 @ 1:47 am
I am a shitty vj usin VDj if that counts:)

Posted Tue 20 Nov 07 @ 2:05 am

It counts LOTS ;) and I'm sure you're not shitty...

Our regular djs here at the community counts more than anyone else ;)

Posted Tue 20 Nov 07 @ 2:07 am
dj-in-norway wrote :

That gives me a warm feeling inside, Norway ;)
...Not at all like wetting yourself in a drak suit...You know, the warm feeling you get that nobody notices :D

Posted Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 6:39 pm
discjockeydoc wrote :
dj-in-norway wrote :

That gives me a warm feeling inside, Norway ;)
...Not at all like wetting yourself in a drak suit...You know, the warm feeling you get that nobody notices :D

lmao!! sick...

Posted Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 6:41 pm

loooooool;) damn! hehe

Posted Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 11:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)