Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: how to rip vinyl - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I just downloaded Cue on Monday I think it was. Plus I am now getting cold feet after seeing this forum. I had ordered my VV 5.0 after Christmas and it still has not come in. Are they fixing the issues I read on here?

Posted Thu 10 Jan 08 @ 1:53 pm
I downloaded VirtualDJ and I get the same error at startup.
I have an Dell Inspiron 9400 2gig of ram dual core

so let me know

Posted Thu 10 Jan 08 @ 5:15 pm
Well I now havie it rippin, I Appiled updates for MS Office and the program started working

Posted Sat 12 Jan 08 @ 11:18 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
excellent hope to see you as a pro user soon :)

Posted Sun 13 Jan 08 @ 4:54 am
how do i get the rip vinyl program to respond???? when i pull it up, i get a window that says imposible to find lam decoder dll, when i click ok, the turntable window comes up...the waves move when the turntable is playing but i can't click on any of the 3 option buttons. nothing happens when i click on either one. when i click the configaration key, the sound card option is the only choice i have to click besides the gain, silence, the four check boxes and the bi rate.....please help me.............

Posted Mon 14 Jan 08 @ 7:27 am
I hope so also, I ordered Virtual Vinyl - Numark on Dec 28th, but nothing yet. They are calling today to see what the delay is. I do have a couple suggestions for this app.
1. what is the silence slider for how do we best use it.
2. Add an auto sound leveling to prevent distortion when ripping. I feel like I hav eto do a lot of work up front before I can say record and with the amount of Vinyl I have this will take months.
3. Also some solution when a record has more then one song on a side. I found it would sometimes stop recording at the switch.

Posted Mon 14 Jan 08 @ 7:29 am
I had the same problem and as I had said above I applied microsoft updates and it started working for me. I also followed all of the steps listed above.

Posted Mon 14 Jan 08 @ 2:01 pm
?

Posted Tue 15 Jan 08 @ 1:34 pm
I had followed the above steps for config and I even put that file in the same directory as the exe.
went to windows updates and applied a service pack for office (not sure why that mattered)
it all worked.
I now have the offical stuff as of 6:00 pm yester day and none of it works now.
confusion

Posted Wed 16 Jan 08 @ 2:00 pm
I think i figured it out when you are in the config screen. click on the button with the ... if you don't see the lame file in that directory you need to put it there. you cannot navigate and open it.

Posted Wed 16 Jan 08 @ 9:04 pm
djduHome userMember since 2005
Guys, I can rip the file but got a lot of noise in the file...maybe something with the gain?
I have the turntable directly connected to the Hercules DJC Mk2...

Posted Thu 24 Dec 09 @ 12:21 pm
pidannaHome userMember since 2010
Hi want is the purpose of the rip vinyl function of virtual dj

Posted Tue 09 Nov 10 @ 6:15 am
busco un programa q se llama rip vinyl pero ese es solo para grabar la voz

Posted Thu 22 Aug 13 @ 10:01 pm

Posted Thu 22 Aug 13 @ 11:47 pm
This is also a very old topic from 2008 (Last post before yours was nearly 3 years ago.)

VirtualDJ is DJ software for live DJ performance. If you wish to rip music from your vinyl collection, then for best results you will need to use 3rd party audio recording software such as Audacity. You may also need a phono pre-amp to amplify the signal from the record deck sufficiently to line level for recording. An external DJ mixer with phono inputs and a record output (REC OUT) can also be used to do this.

NOTE: The old 'Rip Vinyl' tool that was included with older versions of VirtualDJ is depreciated.

Posted Fri 23 Aug 13 @ 4:04 am
arzee1PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hello,

I am using a controller to mix with the latest VDJ Pro. How do I adjust the level when recording my mixes and samples?

Posted Thu 27 Feb 14 @ 10:23 pm
Please do not post the same message or question more than once.

You have already asked this question in the following topic: http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/171894/Hardware_Technical_Support/RELOOP_Hardware_Products_%28Setup__Solutions__Fixes__Issues__etc_%29.html

Please also don't hijack topics by posting a message that's not related in any way. Your question has nothing to do with ripping vinyl.

As already posted above, this topic is also an old topic from 2008. Please don't unnecessarily bump old topics.

[Old topic from 2008 closed]

Posted Fri 28 Feb 14 @ 9:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)