Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Controversial Music Video's - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hey guys, its been awhile since I posted. I'm kind of new to the video thing. I recently aquired the music video, Prodigy-Smack My Bitch Up (Edited Version). Somebody had asked me if I have ever seen the unedited version, which I havent, until recently. They say this was one of the most controversial videos. I was just wondering, what some other videos are, that have fallen into this category. If you guys that have been at the video thing for awhile could throw some of the names of these videos at me that would great. Thanks

Posted Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 5:03 am
I have the unedited version, it's pretty messed up. Let's see off the top of my head...

Madonna's Erotica
Metallica's Turn the Page
MJ's Thriller (At least it was in it's day.)
Duran Duran's Girls On Film
Robbie Williams - ROCK DJ
Madonna - Like a Prayer

Posted Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 5:23 am
if anything with this song. the song was controversial.....the video made it okay because it was a woman smacking the b*tch. thats the real life of some people. thats not someone making fiction to write a book.

Posted Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 5:34 am
Oh, there was a lot more going on in that video than that funk. The unedited video was basically following a guy around in a night of drunken, drug fueled clubbing. He gets into fights, is basically an asshole all night. Gotta see it to believe it.

Posted Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 6:03 am
well I dunno how many unedited versions there are...but I saw tits...so if i saw tits to me that means i saw the unedited version...so the girl was beating up the guy...not a guy. Its kind of the moral to the story. During that whole video everything, u are seeing is through the eyes of a chick. Thats what makes the ending so crazy!

Posted Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 7:07 am
Hmmmm. I'm going to need to re-visit that video. That changes everything! Thanks for opening my eyes to that.

Posted Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 7:16 am
Faithless - Bombs - Banned by MTV.

Posted Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 11:46 am
As I remember the video, it WASNT a guy, you never saw his face, you just assumed it was a guy until the end when it turned out it was a woman. You need to watch it carefully. Having said that, you will get some confusion sometimes as regularly there are US and european versions of many videos. (Movies do this too!)

The Duran one (Girls On Film) There are actually about 4 videos for this, at least one is completely clean, I have two of the full length ones with different endings. The original was directed by Godley & Creme and is about sexual fetishes, it's a quite deep video especially if you are a little sexually naive, it hints at quite a number of kinks, 'pony training' and 'watersports' being two. (look up the two phrases if you need to!)

You can interpret it in many ways but personally I think it hints at the sides of human nature, the light side and the dark side, like you see a beautiful model on a page and assume she's nice, but there are always dark sides. Brilliant video and one of my most requested (well there's a surprise!)

Posted Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 11:46 am
Hey thanks for some of the suggestions. Keep them coming. You know, this is why I made the jump from PCDJ to VDJ. I posted this same question there and all is I got was stuff like " I dont subject my clientel to this type of crap". Well even though I am fairly new at the video thing, I have been DJ'ing for quite some time. I know what and when to play something. I have mostly edited stuff for certain events. Even alot of the edited stuff would be considered inapropriate. So hey, hats off to everyone at VDJ. Keep the banned videos coming. Thanks

Posted Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 3:11 pm
John CPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Nine Inch Nails - Closer
Blood Hound Gang - The Bad Touch
Slipknot - Duality

Anything by Marilyn Manson, Rob Zombie or Alice Cooper.

Just to name a few.

Posted Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 3:26 pm
MTV had a whole series dedicated to controversial videos. Matter of fact, it was called the controversial videos countdown. A lot of the ones mentioned here, plus Madonna's What It Feels Like For A Girl, which is probably the most kickass video ever made.

Posted Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 10:45 pm
Is that the one where she take the old lady out for a spin in the car?

Posted Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 2:28 am
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
As well as there being different video edits for USA & European markets, what each market finds offensive is different too. Us Brits couldn't quite work out what all the fuss was about Janet Jackson showing a nipple (which was pretty much covered up by jewellery) during that Superbowl performance.

I think the Americans are a lot more conservative when it comes to such things than the Europeans, and that may reflect in music video edits.

Gary

Posted Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 4:50 am
TopHouse wrote :
Is that the one where she take the old lady out for a spin in the car?

Oh yeah

Posted Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 7:46 pm
lapdance nerd

Posted Sat 27 Oct 07 @ 4:40 pm
Good one Chuck. Think I will play that right now. :-)

Posted Sun 28 Oct 07 @ 11:18 pm

Posted Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 9:14 pm
k_onePRO InfinityMember since 2006
Nelly - Tip Drill
50 Cent -P.I.M.P
R.Kelly - Fiesta
Aerosmith - Pink
504 Boyz - Wobble Wobble
Chingy feat Trina - Like that
Jadakiss - Knock Yourself out
Limp Bizkit - Break stuff
Motley Crue - Girls girls girls

This is what I remembered from the top of my head.
I'm someone is REALLY interested I could go through my collection and probably find a few hundred more... :P

Note that this is NOT necessarily something that everybody might find controversial, but at least they all have been censored or edited/re-shot in some way.

Posted Fri 04 Jan 08 @ 3:51 am
chucknorrisyouwimps wrote :
lapdance nerd

As Pharrell would say, "YesSir". ;)

k_one wrote :
Nelly - Tip Drill

It's actually EI (Tip Drill Remix)

Also:
- 2pac "How Do You Want It" (uncensored... oh yeah!)
- Chingy "Right Thurr" (a little bit)
- The Pack "Booty Bounce Bopper" (a little bit)
- DJ Quik "Mo Pu$$y" (you've gotta see that one!)

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

Posted Fri 04 Jan 08 @ 4:10 am
Hey Conquest- I've seen some these vids. Do you actually play them or are they part of your "personal collection"

Posted Fri 04 Jan 08 @ 1:20 pm
87%