Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEW VERSION] version 5.0 revision 5 - Page: 5

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey, what are the best places to get videos? I don't want to spend thousands of $'s. I would like to have ones from all kinds of genres also.

Posted Mon 29 Oct 07 @ 3:25 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Mon 29 Oct 07 @ 9:34 am
already did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Mon 29 Oct 07 @ 9:37 am
dj bk1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
hi, thanks for the bug fixes...the search crash was a real problem... thanks for fixing that

i realize that you have added a clone deck_no pitch feature... i dont really see the use for this... does anyone have an update on the swap deck feature that i read about in another post? this is actually a feature that i have been anxiously awaiting ever since i found out that serato has it.

(for clarification the 'swap deck' feature would allow you to seamlessly flip deck 1 to deck 2 and vice versa... a double clone, in a sense.)

thanks

Posted Mon 29 Oct 07 @ 10:43 am
I had 4 crashes on Sat night Halloween Party The Camera effect also froze the application. Lucky I had CD player with backup CD's. I did not have this problem with ver 4.

Posted Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 5:53 am
Virtual Folders still not working on my end. I had a crash before my gig when I was trying to organize halloween music. The ONLY time I get a crash is when I am trying to build playlists via Virtual Folders.

Posted Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 7:52 am
DjDiscyHome userMember since 2007
BIG PROBLEM VIRTUAL DJ 5,0 rev5 + bcd2000 (NO WORK FINE) 5,0rev4 THE BEST

Posted Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 11:11 am
Version 5.4 : Had several inexplicable crashes (no controller, camera, etc attached), first ever with any version of VDJ. Glad to see a quick update release.

Version 5.5 : When I load the program, the deault location of the database is always default drive C:...always.

I want the default location of the database to be Drive S: but every time the program loads it's looking for a database default on C:

This means with every program start up, I have to slect drive S: from the browser tab, select Fix, then recurse the entire drive in order to see and search the files. This is for every time I load the program.

If I select drive S as the default database drive, why doesn't it remember that? Am I doing something wrong? Can that be fixed in the registry?

Posted Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 3:04 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The is no longer a DEFAULT location for the databases. There are multiple database XML files used based on where files are stored. Please reference the manual for a full explanation of the new database system - page 6. Manual is installed to your My Documents -> VirtualDJ folder.

Posted Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 4:10 pm
Thanks, CStoll. I did that. There are some other minor quirks still presenting themselves but nothing unlivable or show threatening. Thanks for the come-back.

Posted Mon 05 Nov 07 @ 4:34 pm
HI, this is my first post, so hello to everyone :)

Ive been using another dj program for over a year with no problems. But when i seen the latest version if virtual dj i decided to give it a try.

i downloaded the trial and found it to be very good. i especially like the new search bit.

problem was, i was using it live at a gig, playing a tune. when i started to type in the search box, the program crashed. music stopped, and i had to quickly turn on, then press play on a spare cd player i carry.

i made a joke about it to the crowd but i wasnt very happy. i note that there has already been 5 revisions of this version, with seemingly many differant reasons for them crashing.

I really want to use this program. Lets hope it gets sorted out soon.

Dave

Posted Wed 07 Nov 07 @ 6:49 pm

The search problem a few had, is solved yes :) in latest version

Posted Wed 07 Nov 07 @ 6:59 pm
why would any professional use a demo version at a live gig? Demos are to use at home, like wise when I load an upgrade I play with it at home prior to going live. Just downloaded the newest version and I have a problem on my rack mounted pc. It only involves shutting down. I get a message everytime I shut down saying " the system was unresponsive vddj performed a recovery and should work ok again. Still you might want to re start the program next time it is convienient to do so." This only happens when I click the x to shut down, but it does it every time. The program otherwise seems fine and works fine on my laptop, but the rack pc even after totally uninstalling continues to have this message. So I run my other system tonight with old faithful PCDJ FX until someone let's me know what is happening.

Posted Fri 23 Nov 07 @ 11:05 pm
djdv8tor wrote :
why would any professional use a demo version at a live gig? Demos are to use at home, like wise when I load an upgrade I play with it at home prior to going live. Just downloaded the newest version and I have a problem on my rack mounted pc. It only involves shutting down. I get a message everytime I shut down saying " the system was unresponsive vddj performed a recovery and should work ok again. Still you might want to re start the program next time it is convienient to do so." This only happens when I click the x to shut down, but it does it every time. The program otherwise seems fine and works fine on my laptop, but the rack pc even after totally uninstalling continues to have this message. So I run my other system tonight with old faithful PCDJ FX until someone let's me know what is happening.

Do you have the DAC 3 connected?

Posted Fri 23 Nov 07 @ 11:50 pm
Hi djdave01. I have this happen to me all the time, but have fixed it now. The system did not crash. the fault was caused by the keyboard short cuts. Infact you could have clicked on the play button and the song would have started again. still embarrassing though

When you are typing to search for a song, you MUST click the mouse pointer in the search box. If you dont, you will activate the shortcut keys. For some dumb reason, some of the short cuts are a single button (P, B, S, C, L,) I have gone into CONFIG / KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS and deleated them now but i recall they were stop, loop, cue and so on. Shift B has also caught me out with SYNC locked on. I did not know what was going on but it was speeding up and slowing down every song wrecking my whole night. happened to me 4 times on 4 different nights till i figured it out

The other answer is to simply turn off the keyboard shotcuts, but there are some sweet functions like Ctrl left/right arrow to move the beat one space.

Anyway, buy the software and join in

Posted Sun 25 Nov 07 @ 10:43 am
Hi Chris, thanks for that info. That may well be why the program crashed on me, although im not sure there would be a shortcut key to close the program lol.

I will turn that feature off, then have another play with the demo.

In responce to the 'why take a demo to a gig' post, why not?? i still had another dj program in my laptop. i had also spent hours trying it out in the house. I assumed thats what demos of this software were for!!

Dave

Posted Mon 26 Nov 07 @ 2:55 pm
ah but new software has bugs, case in point I have been using as a registered user version 3 without any problems, I downloaded the upgrade of the newest version of 5 and now I am dead in the water. All vdj is to my computer now is expensive wallpaper.

Yes I have the dac 3 connected

Posted Sun 09 Dec 07 @ 2:25 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)