Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Anyone with experience using rear projectors?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi all,

Finally bought myself a projector, just need purchase a screen for it now. On my projector I noticed its able to be used as a rear projector. I have no concept on how this is possible but I presume its put onto some sorta special film/screen with a 2 tier stand.

The projector I've got is only designed to be put upto 1 to 1.5m away from the screen to get 100inch size projection which I thought is ideal because of space availability & it has a built in dvd player.

Does anyone have any pics of their setups? I wouldnt mind looking how you do your setups/scenarios. Also is there any recommendations on what connections/cables I should be using. I dont want to find my video/sound out of sync because of cables/connections I'm using.

Thnx in advance for any help.

Posted Sun 14 Oct 07 @ 10:28 pm
Its "almost" the same. But you need a Rear Projecting Screen, I found very interesting the one at www.djscreen.com for only 200 dlls.
You just have to setup the projector to use as "rear projecting" that makes like a mirror image of the video, but looks normal at the screen in the front view.

Posted Sun 14 Oct 07 @ 11:55 pm
LOL @ the spandex screens. I don't think its tidy enough with the stretched edges, maybe if there was more clipped points it wouldnt look that bad. Nice idea though.

Using a lighting truss to hang the screen is good though. Thnx for the link Ricardo.

Posted Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 12:38 am
Actually after rethinking about it... you could tidy up the whole thing with a bit of drapery. hmm..

Posted Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 12:50 am
Believe me that rear projection feature is VERY handy and REALLY cool....

Posted Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 4:09 am
ktilakPRO InfinityMember since 2006
i don't do video projection unless it is rear-projection. (and i do it almost weekly)

get a da-lite fastfold screen. the new ones are even faster to fold and you cant beat them. they are to screens as pioneer is to dj systems.

You can purchase a special fabric to put on the frame which is formulated for rear-projection. of course it will work with front projection too but has some extra things that enable it best for rear-projection. other fabrics won't work as they're ONLY for front projection (and thus have those tiny crystals in the fabric to increase gain and brightness, etc.)

hit me up if you have any questions!

Posted Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 4:16 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)