Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: i have a problem.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have TCV running, and over the last couple of months i have had a problem where after maybe 10 minutes it won't control the music anymore. When i move the vinyl, i can see it move on screen, but it doesnt effect the music at all. I even had it working on 1 deck and not the other. this is really wierd because i have never had any isues like this before.

This is using the 5 rev4 version, which i thought was supposed to be very stable. but this problem has been with me since version 5 i think. any info any1 has on this?

thanks

Posted Sat 13 Oct 07 @ 7:31 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What sound card do you use ?
Have you tried any of the recommendation from the forum ? Pitch Sensitivity adjustment? Clear Sound checked/unchecked ?

Posted Sat 13 Oct 07 @ 10:53 pm
i will try those settings tomorrow, i have a maya44 usb by the way.

Posted Sun 14 Oct 07 @ 4:59 am
On the MAYA Control panel -- MUTE the input MONITOR (first 4 on the control panel interface), set the INPUT Volume at about 1/2

Posted Sun 14 Oct 07 @ 5:44 am
ok, i tried messing around with the pitch sensitivity and clear sound. and maya44 usb settings already as you specified. no change.
basically the problem is when i get to the end of the timecode it does not continue when i drop the needle back. visualy (the moving vinyl on the skin onscreen) i get a response, but no effect to the audio. Ido have to say, maye this is because i am always getting 0% now on both decks, whilst before i used to get 100% and nothing has changed except for my version of vdj.

Posted Sun 14 Oct 07 @ 4:23 pm
Which mode are you running the timecode in ? SMART, ABSOLUTE, RELATIVE ?

If you are running tracks that are longer than the 12mins of play on the TCV, then I suggest you use the SMART mode. Relative might be ok, but Absolute will not as the name implies absolute is exact track position as if the track was actually on the vinyl.

Use a pitch sensitivity of about 500ms and uncheck the Clear Sound.

You might have to hit the Auto-config a couple of times to get a 100% signal.

Posted Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 1:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)