Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: rescued a cat .......

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

it was draggin' it's hind legs , probably hit by a car ...... i caught it and put it in the unoccupied rabbit hutch ......... i covered the top and a side with a tarp ( respite from the wind and rain ) gave it some old beach towels to curl up in for warmth and went and bought some cat food and gave it water , next , since i have 2 dogs , need to get it a permanent home ...... so i called a lady friend who works for a vet (he rescues cats ) she will probably have an opening for my cat (Fred ) (of course ) today or soon

i saw it about 2 days ago and started putting out cat food in the driveway ..... the food was getting eaten so i thought the cat was still around ... then i saw it yesterday .....

what's keeping it alive i don't know , but any of us should be half that tough ......

the dogs can't bother it ...... the hutch is within the electric fence buffer zone the dogs don't enter

i guess at some point i had to rescue a cat ........ so far i have rescued Bogey , world's coolest pit bull ( house broke 'im then got him a good home ) Hedley and Smedley ( red eared sliders ) , i never knew dime store turtles could get to be the size of dinner plates , they could only go to a turtle rescue agency , i would never give them to a family or individual , the chances of them doing as much as i have done are vanishingly small .......then there is Steve the ex magicians bunny who is 11 years old , and now Fred the world's toughest cat

Posted Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 4:33 pm
Very Cool Chuck/Fred.

I have Two Rescued Cats in my apartment that my GF forces me to Live with. ;P We got them from a PetsMart charity.
They were both strays.

Fred sounds like it's lucky to be alive.

Posted Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 6:39 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
id give you the nobel peace prize but its gone to al gore already sorry :(

Posted Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 6:46 pm

Chuck was too late with his good deed.... But he's on my list of candidates for next years Peace Prize ;)

Posted Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 6:51 pm
thanks everybody .... well i'm the kinda person in for a dime , in for a dollar , if ya know what i mean ..... so he's ours 'til we find a home ... i guess soon i'm gonna have to put the rabbit hutch (his current quarters) in the basement , before the weather gets really cold .....

Posted Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 8:07 pm
hey Marcel , my daughter Kelly works at PetSmart , and she's a card carrying , placard waving , leading her own protest at KFC , P.E.T.A. member......

i'm very proud of her ..... see ? some of us old hippies still carry the torch, teach the kids to give a damn , take some action , maybe be a little inconvenient ........

Posted Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 8:17 pm

And me who thought DJ's had no moral values.. all about sin, dance, sex and alchohol...

Good to see the world aint doomed afterall ;)

Saving a Cat a day, keeps your bad conscience away ;)

Posted Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 8:23 pm
Chuck, I'm placing your good deed on top 10 list with Paris Hilton's Africa Trip.

Posted Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 9:22 pm

Posted Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 9:28 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I thought this thread was about recursing cats, i'm so disapointed.

Posted Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 10:31 pm
DJ Cyder wrote :
I thought this thread was about recursing cats , i'm so disapointed.

sorry, this thread was not about animal cruelty ;) So curse again

Posted Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 10:40 pm
i'm so .... fulfilled ! i was mentioned in the same sentence with Paris Hilton ...... is this my 15 minutes ??

Posted Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 11:07 pm
chucknorrisyouwimps wrote :
...... is this my 15 minutes ??

Sure was, life is all downhill from now on... done that, been there, not much else to aspire for

Posted Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 11:08 pm
well, you can try to stretch it out for another 15 minutes by becoming a reality star. Who knows you may become a member of the GGW party crew.

Posted Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 11:25 pm
hey Marcel , my daughter Kelly works at PetSmart , and she's a card carrying , placard waving , leading her own protest at KFC , P.E.T.A. member......

i'm very proud of her ..... see ? some of us old hippies still carry the torch, teach the kids to give a damn , take some action , maybe be a little inconvenient ........

Good For you're Daughter!!!!

Protest is a Good thing.

Posted Sat 13 Oct 07 @ 1:24 am
good job with the cat. I think that was good deed.

Posted Sat 13 Oct 07 @ 1:42 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
i guess at some point i had to rescue a cat ........ so far i have rescued Bogey , world's coolest pit bull ( house broke 'im then got him a good home ) Hedley and Smedley ( red eared sliders ) , i never knew dime store turtles could get to be the size of dinner plates , they could only go to a turtle rescue agency , i would never give them to a family or individual , the chances of them doing as much as i have done are vanishingly small .......then there is Steve the ex magicians bunny who is 11 years old , and now Fred the world's toughest cat

You have a heart of gold Chuckster

Posted Sat 13 Oct 07 @ 1:46 am
thanks Teary ....... but i know women who say i have "inconvenient" DOWN ...lol

well , i know what a field day is gonna ensue so, i better get it over with ........ Fred is a girl .....LOL i think i may qualify for another 15 minutes ......

Posted Sat 13 Oct 07 @ 3:57 am
since Fred has turned out to be a girl , we are now calling her Fredreeka .......she eats everyday , she seems very alert , her body functions are working .....if she were hemorrhaging she wouldn't have made it this far ....... i will get her to a vet soon see what a vet recommends

i'm hoping she can make it , and maybe some one can take her permanent

Posted Sat 13 Oct 07 @ 6:13 pm
Ha-Ha..

Posted Sat 13 Oct 07 @ 6:35 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)