Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 5.1 wish list - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hey guys,
I had posted this once before, but thought I would mention it again as 5.1 should be coming oiut soon. If anyone agrees or likes these ideas, please chime in so the developement team knows there is significant interest.

1. A Karaoke roster window so you can line up 10 or more singers with their names and the song they are going to sing.

2. 2nd set of players or at least a third player for those of us doing video or elaborate mixes. 5.0 allows us to now automix 2 songs on the same deck, why not do the same thing on the other deck and allow us to manually mix. The player controls can be resized to allow a second set of players just below and each deck could have a button on it that when clicked on will allow the external controller to control that deck. So the external controller will always control 2 decks as usual, but you will now be able to pick A or B deck for the left side and C or D deck for the right side. This will allow multiple overlays of sound and video and will really open up the creative possibilities for us.
I know this may be a major overhaul of the program, especially after 5.0 has only just been released, but it would blow every other program out of the water.

3. Incorporate a DMX lighting controller plug-in or page. This would round out VDJ and make it a truly one stop software for DJ's as the main things we primarily use these days are sound, video and lighting.

Posted Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 7:47 pm
A good compressor on the Master output if running internal mixer mode, or better the possibility to add vst to the master output. Please.

Posted Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 8:11 pm
those are good , my list would include the 2 deck automix also

i would like to see it remember your search texts for the last 5 or 10 searches , alphabetically list the virtual folders , not lose any of the virtual folders, do track group edits ( put the same comment into each track of an album in one edit ) scan bpm's faster , light the loop in button , and flash the remain timer at a user defined time remaining , number the tracks in the playlist ..... natively print the history and virtual folders ,

i wish it could stream internet so you could put youtubes into the video

i think they should have a tips box that opened at launch ( or turn it off ) that would answer common questions seen here at the forum , all kinds of stuff you could do with that .....

the roster window could also be a rotation window for us strip club guys

Posted Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 8:17 pm
I need the 2 point from the thread starter too, this function is very creativ and you have more options when it comes to video mixing. I need 3 videodecks (4 are good too :) ) or the option to have two videodecks and one (or two) with only music. So you can do more crazy thinks when it comes to videomixing. So you have a better chance for live videomashups.

Posted Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 8:43 pm
Good ideas :)

Posted Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 8:45 pm
back to the basics.

sorry, am one of the "bring back 2-deck automix" people as well. i absolutly love some of the features in the way it mixes now, but the single deck automix is unfortunatly a pain in the sphincter.

an easier way of using multiple effects would be nice. being able to use those 3 little buttons on 3.4 was nice cause you could use them all at the same time and get to them much faster, since 90% of your mouse work when mixing (for those of us just using computer and mouse) is right there in the middle of the screen.

local database function. i miss it. constantly having to recurse.. sucks.

autosaving playlists. please for the love of all that is holy bring that back!!!! that thing is a lifesaver sometimes. we just dont always have time, the brainpower, or the sobriety leftover at the end of the night to remember to save it on our own.

stability. stability. stability. i dont want to tread on anyones toes with this one. but...
number of times 3.4 has crashed or had any kind of problems in last 10 months at work - 2
number of times 5., 5 rev2 and 5 rev4 have crashed since release - 9? 10? 12?... i've lost count. a fresh install of VDJ at our sister company that i convinced the boss to buy for their dj's crashed as soon as they installed and tried to use with the automix while looking for music in browser.

built in widescreen format would be nice or barring that, re-sizeable windows that dont lose anything with the graphics. being able to resize the VDJ app and use a bit of the rest of the screen would really be nice now that most everyone is getting widescreens.

VDJ - cant live without it. but still cant have sex with it. (version 25?)

Posted Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 11:00 pm
blaide13 wrote :

1. A Karaoke roster window so you can line up 10 or more singers with their names and the song they are going to sing.

That would be so nice! Oh Pleez!!!

Posted Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 11:33 pm
wildcountryclub wrote :

built in widescreen format would be nice or barring that, re-sizeable windows that dont lose anything with the graphics. being able to resize the VDJ app and use a bit of the rest of the screen would really be nice now that most everyone is getting widescreens.

I'd Vote for that also......

Posted Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 11:35 pm
santdPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I would like improvements to the sampler. I would like to be able to preview my samples in my headphones, while I mix on my computer with my mk2. A little headphone Icon would be nice. It would be nice even when I run use the MK2 with my 19 inch mixer, so I can mix my samples. Improvements to the samplers beatlocking would be great too. it is a little off at times and since you can't ptich the samples, this is a must.

Posted Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 4:10 am
Full support for bcd3000?

Posted Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 4:17 am
as a person above metioned, maybe somehow to be able to hear the sampler in your headphones before letting them go live with just a simple soundcard such as the bcd2000/maya44 etc

Other than that I love the software:) A new update coming soon? That realalistic?

Posted Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 5:52 am
My Wishes before Christmas:

1) More Visual Effects, maybe Winamp plugins
2) Video Clipbank: A Plugin where you can open a video-folder. So that you can choose more than 12 Videos at the same time
3) Back to Automix on 2 decks (can't see a scence to play it on one deck)
4) Write protection for virtual folders: So that you can add or delete songs but not deleting or moving the folder

Thank you!

Posted Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 8:41 am
context menu ....right click ..... add to deck a , add to deck b , remove from current playlist , remove from sidelist , remove from virtual folder , remove from hard drive ......

left click .... get a raise

Posted Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 11:55 am
Don't mess much with the sampler. But i need it in the future (work with the programm only for 3 days now). Yeah previev function would be nice. Also i need a pitch function for the sampler. Hope we going on with this software to make it to the perfect dj software.

Also the company must do some marketing work for the software in europa and better sell options for european customer. Think the can do a lot more money with this.

Posted Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 12:15 pm
I would like to see a similar skin to PCVJ as i find more user friendly. With the ideas already suggested, singers list for Karaoke.

Posted Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 6:30 pm
santd wrote :
I would like improvements to the sampler. I would like to be able to preview my samples in my headphones, while I mix on my computer with my mk2. A little headphone Icon would be nice. It would be nice even when I run use the MK2 with my 19 inch mixer, so I can mix my samples.

This is already possible. You only need a soundcard with 3 stereo outputs. Then you select the 3 channel mixer option in the sound card config. Line 1 and line 2 ar the decks A and B. Line 3 has only the samples. So you could preview and mix it seperately on your mixer.
Ewout

Posted Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 7:20 pm
idmkPRO InfinityMember since 2004

1) Definetely more than two decks!! This seems to be the main drawback of VDJ for me at the moment, I've been hoping for this to be resolved for the last 2-3 years but stil nothing.

2) Being able to record samples with FX on them, or just the Mid's and not the Bass etc ( this is using the onboard sampler).. was able to do this in VDJ 2 and earlier versions but not anymore, why was this feature taken away??

3) Ability to Cue Samples via headphones without the need for an external mixer. (this is possible with Deckadance.)

4) Ability to use multiple FX via shortcuts. For example in VDJ 3 I assigned the FX buttons to the A S D buttons on my keyboard and were
able to trigger 2 -3 FX at a time. This is not possible anymore. If it is could someone please tell me how?? Thanks, would be great.

Thanks to the development team, for a great product and specially for the free upates. I really, really would like to see another additional deck though can not stress this enough. I would be willing to pay more for this option.

Thanks again!

Posted Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 10:32 am
Yeah it's true. Multi-instance is just like a patch to conceal the inability for multiple decks... A third deck is always useful, although it would probably require some function (for 2 stereo output soundcards) to select which output you want to use for which deck, which in turn could make everything quite complicated.
Would still love a third deck though. :P

Posted Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 10:40 am
haz0rdPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Native Mapper for ICDX???

Posted Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 6:47 pm
Effects on each deck. More than two decks. More effects for sampler if possible. Editing for recordings and tracks. In short, some "deeper" remix capabilities.

Posted Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 7:42 pm
16%