Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: puchase b-52 pwrd subs

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

WHAT DO U GUYS THINk about the b-52 act 18 act sub
MY SET UP RIGHT NOW IS 2) JBL EON 2) JBL JRX 18 ACTIVE 01) MACKIE 15 ACT SUB(THE MACKIE I HAD FIRST BUT IT STAYED IN THE SHOP FOR REPAIRS SO I GOT THE JBL SUBS.
PLAY SWEET 16/ WEDDINGS/BIRTHDAY MOSTLY IN CATERING HALLS,BARS, I REALLY WANT MORE BASS THE KIND U CAN FEEL

wHAT DO GUYS THINK ABOUT THE B-52 ACT 18 SUB OR THE YORKVILLE 18 LS800P

I HAVE NO ROADIE ITS JUST ME AND I HALL IT AROUND IN A GMC ACADIA

ANY SUGGESTIONS

Posted Wed 10 Oct 07 @ 9:55 pm
I have a Yorkville LS700P for sale if you are interested. I love ths sound and low profile of the yorky.
My past speaker set up was two FBT Maxx4a's and one yorky ls700pb (b stands for painted black, not carpeted)
At my larger gigs I used 4 FBT's and 2 yorkies... damn did it kick.

Only reason I am not using it anymore is because I am using the BOSE L1 system now.

Hit me up with an email. mail(@) jeremyganss.com

Posted Wed 10 Oct 07 @ 10:20 pm
JEREMY HOW IS THAT bose set up is the bass enough

Posted Wed 10 Oct 07 @ 10:24 pm
I don't use anything I can't carry up a flight of stairs, by myself for my mobile gigs. And it has to fit in my Town & Country. I have 2 Mackie 1500 active subs that will get me through most of my gigs, along with 5 Mackie 450s. I use one as a monitor. I have some 4 foot tall custom 18 inch folded horns if I need them. I can't remember when the last time I used them. My bigger gigs I hire a sound company.

Posted Wed 10 Oct 07 @ 10:30 pm
a man and his music do u mean mackie 1501 active

Posted Wed 10 Oct 07 @ 11:16 pm
KEVWEBNY wrote :
a man and his music do u mean mackie 1501 active

No, 1500. These were the original model number. They look like this

Posted Wed 10 Oct 07 @ 11:21 pm
KEVWEBNY wrote :
JEREMY HOW IS THAT Bose set up is the bass enough

Sorry for the late response, I had a wedding Friday, sat and Sunday.

The Bose bass is perfect for weddings. I usually use 2 B1 (bass bins). I had 380 guests at my Saturday wedding, so I brought 4 of them. The sound is amazing. Don't let me fool you, you will not have that high school stop your heart thump, but at weddings this is not needed. (I specialize in weddings only)

Posted Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 7:38 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)